Week One

Week one submission! Prompt was : "Missing a past life." With an extra of : "Scared for a new one..."

Sooo, what's better to incoperate both of those than an inbetween worlds? Maybe, and after life of sorts? Maybe "home"? I'll stop.

Based in third life (well- Scott's ending to third life)

--------------

And like that, the world was torn away from him... It faded, in a blink of an eye. A sword sliced through his flesh.

And now, he woke up here, a place of grey. He had died- where was he? And there was his love.

"J-Jimmy-" A sob was choked out, as he looked upon the boy he loved.

"I was wondering when you were going to show up!"

"Where are we...?"

"The end. Home."

A hand brushed against Scott's cheek, the blonde pulling him into a soft kiss. The world was bright again...

"Right... Home..."

The blonde tilted his head, a small frown falling onto his face. "Do... Do you not like it here?"

"I- I love it... It's what I wanted for us..." Scott buried his head into the crook of Jimmy's neck, "I can't believe it ended so soon... I was ready to have a life with you- We knew it was going to end up like this, but..."

"Wanted the peaceful times to stay longer?"

"Mhmmm..."

And the blonde took his husband's hand, to lead him to the large pond, staring out into it. Their faces reflected back, the scars of each death lined over their features. Scott's hand traced up to the side of his love's head, fingers lightly tracing over the wound. "Things were great before that happened..?" The teal haired boy spoke lightly.

"But nothing stayed like that..." The blonde sighed, looking to face his partner, "I miss the good times..."

"Back when we were alive... In this quaint little flower grove..." Scott let out a small chuckle, eyes glued to the water.

"Love..." Jimmy placed a hand under Scott's chin, "Come on, look up at me... I promise we'll be fine." Scott leaned into the comforting hand as he looked up to his lover, a few soft tears running down his cheeks.

"I- I shouldn't be crying- We knew this was going to happen... That was the point of the game-"

"Shhhhh..." The blonde pulled the other into a warm hug, wrapping his arms around the other's waist. "We'll be fine..."

"B-but- What if in the next life- what if you don't remember me!?"

"I will... I'll remember- I promise..."

Jimmy leaned back for a moment to wipe off tears that stained the other's face. "I don't want to leave..."

"I know."

"I wish- I just wish I could've stay-"

"I do too... But life- another life, moves on."

Wind wisped around them, as if to take them away. To beckon them to anew... They didn't want to let go, but eventually they would have to. No matter, you can not stay in one life forever. 

(420 words)

I wanted to write it a bit longer, but.... So, writers, do you ever write the begining of a story, and aren't sure where to go with it, so you leave if for a few days-? Then, at some point when you are unable to access your computer, laptop, cromebook, or whatever you write on, you think up a great idea. Then, once you are able to write again, you forget it. Welp, that happened to me, and I am sad.