𝟎𝟏 | her cannon

Start from the beginning

Ines crouched down, perfectly landing on her two feet. Her clothed hand rested against her chest as she audibly gasped loud enough to reach his dainty ears, "I would never call you fat! Are you trying to get me in trouble?" Sirens blared. Ines cursed under her breath. It was time to bounce.

"The police will take care of you" Ines shot her web up at the ceiling, ready to swing out of there when her hairs suddenly sprung up. Goosebump rolled across her spine soon after.

Shit, someone's here.

Ines snapped her web, focusing on what lied in the shadows. However, it was hard to tel. Their movement was fast, trying to outsmart her. Ines glared, positioning herself. "Okay, if you're gonna keep playing hide and seek then—!" In a blink of an eye, Ines staggered backwards, feeling a sudden force.

Emerging from the shadows, the man tightened his metal armory. His black and purple suit glistened against the poor dim lit place, but it didn't have a hard time showing how well it hugged his muscular frame. The mask that covered every inch of his skin failed to hide the glare he bestowed through those glowing lights.

"Prowler, I was wondering when Kingpins bitch would show up."

The Prowler lunged, flying her across the warehouse. Ines elbowed him in the back before the two of them lied in a pile of broken crates. Ines pushed herself away not too pleased to feel the chips of wood stab at her now bruised ribs.

Kingpin who seemed to have freed himself, used this moment to his advantage and took off leaving her with the Prowler.

How frustrating...

Ines locked eyes with the Prowler. It was pointless to chase after Kingpin now. What mattered now was putting in end to the Prowlers terror. If she didn't she would break her promise. And she wasn't going to let anything happen to her friend.

As they began to circle around each other, trading blows, and dodging attacks, Ines finally had enough. With each hit feeling like a sledgehammer, Ines fired up her hands together, unleashing a burst of bio-electricity from her palms, stunning him with one last devastating punch.

The Prowler fell back, struggling to get back on his feet for a second. Ines tensed, knowing she couldn't let him get back up. Delivering a forceful spinning kick to his midsection, she slammed him against the wall where his masked slipped to his shoes.

Ines frowned, at the familiar features he had. His jet black champagne tinted eyes met her pair, scowling, as his forehead tensed. The man pressed his full lips into a firm line tasting the blood that trickled from nose.

"No" Ines blinked severely times. The air thickened around her. Her heart tore, wishing this was some silly trick being played on her, but she would know her friends face.

"NYPD, hands up!" Ines softly gasped, harshly turning her head towards the entrance where her Uncle Alis remained, leading the other officers further inside.

Without another thought to spare, Ines fled warehouse, not bothering to chase after him. The rain hit her, showering the city. Her hands gripped tightly onto the webs as she swung from building to  building until her feet landed somewhere far enough. Ines rapidly removed her face mask, feeling some sort of imaginative rope tie around her neck. She paced back and forth finding every step become heavier and heavier.

How was this possible? How could I not see this?

Ines put her hand against her head. All this time she had been tracking the Prowler to stop his crimes, to save her friend from the troubles the criminal had caused their city only to discover that her childhood friend, Miles Morales, was in fact the Prowler himself.

"Shit!" Ines sobbed, throwing her mask to the ground. Her knees crashed down, as she buried her face into her palms unable to stop her heart from bleeding.

"Ines Molina" a tall man, dressed in a high sleek sapphire silver suit that glinted against the billboard lights, making it appear to be made of high tech material. However, what caught Ines's attention was the signature web pattern and glowing red spider emblem that stretched across his notably defined chest. Oddly enough, some of the details nearly resembled her own suit.

"I need you to come with me"

Ines raised her perfectly arched eyebrow, eyeing the suspicious man. "And if I don't?" She challenged, trying to think of a way out of this if things began to escalate.

"Trust me, you will" he said tossing her a gizmo watch. Ines frowned, tilted her head. What an interesting artifact. Her lips parted with the words tipping at the edge of her tongue, wondering what this devices great purpose when a gust of wind nearly took her back.

"So, what do you say?" The man gestured to the vibrant hues of the rainbow that threatened to nearly blind her. Ines shielded her eyes, realizing that the swirl of colors pulsed within the round boarder, beckoning her to come closer with its hypnotic, almost memorizing effect.

Is this a portal?

Ines drew herself closer to the thing as she picked up her mask, glancing over to the city of New York where she knew the Prowler was waiting to finish Spider-Woman while her friend Miles was simultaneously waiting for his friend to arrive from "work."

Sadness pooled in her eyes once more. Ines turned to the man who gave her a brief nod almost as if he was encouraging her to do this even after finding out her friend was her nemesis.

How could the universe be so cruel to me?

Ines roughly wiped her last remaining tear and gave her city one last look before emerging herself to the other side.

I'll be back Miles, I promise.

another face inspo I'm using for Ines Molina and is the model known as jetamoure on Instagram