Chapter One - Arrival

Start from the beginning

The new person seemed to struggle against the hold for a moment before eventually giving in, clinging onto Crystal tightly.

Sunny and Lilac joined Crystal soon after, the portal disappearing as they walked towards it and so they sat down behind the person.

A few minutes passed before the person in Crystal's arms finally calmed down enough to not be crying or shaking as much, still sniffling to try to get their bearings back.

"You're safe hero, my name's Crystal, I'm an Orange Steve, these are my friends. We're a group known to this world as the Troublemakers, I'm the head leader of it. The two behind you are my co-leaders, Sunny the Yellow Steve and Lilac the Indigo Steve, could you tell me your name?"

The person Crystal had been holding to finally looked up, their bloodshot gray-green eyes meeting Crystal's orange ones and they felt a sense of security, despite not knowing who this person was, or even what a Steve was for that matter. They turned to look at Sunny and Lilac, both who gave them a soft smile before they turned back to face Crystal.

"I- I'm Sabre, I was with my brother Ryan in the woods at night time and we came across this weird thing and we heard a voice and I got pulled into it.."

Crystal looked at Sabre sadly, though a soft smile stayed on his face, gently patting Sabre's head before letting go of him, standing up and offering a hand, Sunny and Lilac following suit.

"Well Sabre, welcome to the Troublemakers, we've all lost our way home in some way or another, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine."

Sabre looked at Crystal before taking his hand, smiling softly, still sniffling but a lot calmer than he was.

"But what about my parents, or my brother, or my home, am I never gonna be able to go home..?"

Crystal frowned, letting go of Sabre's hand, looking back at Sunny and Lilac who seemed to have similar expressions.

"Sadly, not that I know of, but hey! We'll try to get you home Sabre, one way or another, until they, you can stay with us! Do you like collecting rocks, or exploring? We do a lot of that, and-"

Crystal rambled on and on, taking Sabre's hand and showing him around the immediate area, which Sabre accepted, seeming to get calmed as Crystal explained more and more.

Two other Steve's walked up to Sunny and Lilac. One of them was another Orange Steve, this one being nicknamed Joy, and the other being a Green Steve, nicknamed Clover, both three years younger than Sunny, making them 8.

"Do you think the hero is going to be okay? He seemed really upset when he came through the portal.." Clover looked in Crystal and Sabre's direction before looking back at Sunny and Lilac.

Sunny smiled, placing his hand on Clover's shoulder.

"Knowing Crystal for as long as I've known him? Sabre will be just fine, maybe just annoyed by the end of the day." He giggled a bit, the other three joining in.

Crystal had a tendency to be very draining, not in a negative way by any means, but because he was so filled with energy at all times he could never sit still, even the Yellow Steve's of the group struggled to keep up with him sometimes.

Nonetheless, he was their leader, the person who took all of them in when no one else would, or when no one else could.

"Sunny?"

The youngest of the group, a Yellow Steve nicknamed Shine, tugged on Sunny's shirt, no one even having noticed that he had approached.

"Woah-! Hey there Shine, didn't see you there. What's up?" Sunny offered his hand towards the 4 year old, who accepted it immediately, something the two had always had between them.