PUKAAR ( THE CRY )

Mistakes ! What are Mistakes actually ?! If you take the literal dictionary meaning of this 8 letter word , it is - an act or judgement that is misguided or wrong !

If you see through my aspect , this 8 letter word has a much deeper meaning , a meaning that has the potential to change the way you see life , that can change how you live at once , that can easily determine your future , never giving a single second chance to rectify it . I am Agni , the writer of this story , this is my first story and I welcome you in my world of thoughts today readers !

I present to you ...

PUKAAR 🍁

December 2021 , West Bengal

A 15 year old girl is sitting at the window sill , writing something in the late afternoon , it was a cool and clear afternoon . Breeze was touching her already warm cheeks , which were as warm as a toast , due to extensive crying of two flat hours . At morning ten o'clock her mother had asked some warm water to her , and she became late by 6 to 7 minutes . Her mother threw the hot water on her saying she was a waste of everything .

She kept crying in her room , while her mother and father left for their respective chores . Her mother was an active social worker , a politician who was not working at front line and a government worker , a WIDO , water investigation development officer . In the village where she lived , the Block office did not have much employees , and due to the outbreak of COVID - 19 , staff count was continuously going low . Her mother was posted to supervise the camps where the people coming from the other states and countries were kept under medical observation before they could get a clean chit and a negative virus report , and go back to their homes . Her father was an ex service men in the indian military , who served as a Radio operator and left the army on voluntary retirement . He was a businessman at present . Both of the parents were always fighting and short tempered .

She wrote :

Dear Mickey ( she named her personal diary Mickey )

I am frustrated by this life , what if I do not ever get peace ?! Will I ever have someone who would love me ?! Care for me ?! Self lessly ?! People say that there is a cycle of life , we die not our souls , if this statement is correct , then if I die , will my soul go and get a better family in next life ?! Everything would be fair with me right ?! Shall I commit suicide ?! It is high time now , I get rid of this body. I hate this body , I hate these people , when will mahadev take me ?! Why does he not accept me like the others ?!

One , two , then numerous tear drops touched the surface of the paper on which she was jotting her thoughts down .

She was merely 8 that time , 5th class maybe , her father got a major business problem , Pankaj Sharma the person who his father befriended and then had a garage with him in partnership , looted their family financially . They were on the verge of bankruptcy.  It was at this time that Siraj Singh Birdi arrived at their doorstep as a ray of hope . A strongly muscular built man , wearing a turban , was a punjabi , had a decent family of a wife and 3 children , two daughters and a son. Vidya's (the girl ) family took help from him and got out of the situation. He became a family friend. 

From early times Vidya had a habit of staying back alone at home , both of the parents were working . The family trusted Siraj Singh with their daughter , never ever did the thought of insecurity of leaving their daughter with the man , came to the minds of the parents . Siraj Singh took the advantage , molested the little girl and looted her of her sweetness , her childish happiness and naivety . He killed the little girl from the soul for years until she grew rotten and shattered  from inside , to become a tenth standard board student.  No one believed Vidya ever , she was bearing a kind of pain which was not expressable in mere words .

To be continued ........✍️(AGNI)