1: control

"Trixie did not commit suicide."

Generally, humans have a tendency to gain control over things they are not supposed to. They get a great pleasure in suppressing those going against the rules they set, naming it a 'societal norm' and going about it, forgetting that they are a puppet of the god themselves.

"They were murdered."

I remember your eyes fixating upon the grass that glowed in a pleasant mix of green and orange with the breaking dawn as I saw something break inside you.

Rin had cried upon your shoulder, and you held her and I knew it was hurting you, but I saw no tears, and wondered if you were always this strong.

"They were being threatened."

And I remembered Trixie. They were a brave, fierce and yet the most caring person in the world. All they did was raise their voice for being who they were.

"They killed Trixie, Jun."

We knew they weren't the only one to meet such fate.

Rumours don't stay for long in Estra, and soon enough the country knew that another one of its kids could no longer see their future. The news said it was a suicide.

"We cannot file an FIR. It's a straightforward case," had said the old policeman while having a cuppa, eyes bored and drooping.

Your eyes had met mine, and I could easily see those hot tears threatening at the very brim. You wanted to scream, you wanted to shout. Estra expected us to be silent.

I was afraid. I did not want to die as well.