𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"We were going to invite you. But it was a spur of the moment decision because we knew it was the right time and didn't want to wait any longer." Athena explained to Savanna who could no longer hold up her fake upset demeanor.

"I'm happy for you guys. Now where is that cake?" Savanna pointed to the cake in Bobby's hand.

"Over there we got two just in case." Athena pointed to the extra table set up in the backyard. Savanna was grabbing a piece when her attention was drawn to continuous coughing.

Turning around she saw Buck coughing while clutching his chest moving towards him Savanna called his name. Buck turned towards her blood pooling from his mouth as he fell back. "Evan!" Savanna screamed as everyone's attention fell to Savanna who caught Buck trying to break his fall from the floor.

•••

"Thank God, I wasn't sure that they were gonna send anyone." Savanna followed Bobby into a nursing home. After Bucks accident last night which ended up being blood clots that buck ignored everyone ended up going home besides Savanna who was comforting a very worried Chris.

"You the one who called?" Bobby asked.

"It's my dad, Jack." She told them as she began leading them up the stairs.

"We came to have lunch with him. He was acting weird. And then, Dave, that's my brother, he noticed something on his stomach. We tried to get a closer look, but he kicked us out and locked the door." She told them lowly.

Hen and Savana shared a glance as they continued to follow her to a door with two men standing in front of them. "Finally! Our father is having a medical emergency behind a locked door that no one in this damn place can seem to open." Dave the son glared at the nursing home worker.

Bobby pushed his body against the door and it opened slightly, "The lock's not the problem. There's something on the other side keeping it from opening." Savanna told them.

"Your sister said that you saw something on your father's stomach." Hen looked at Dave.

"Uh, these marks. Like wounds or maybe sores? It was hard to tell." He told them as Bobby knocked on the door. "Jack, this is LAFD. Will you please let us in?"

Jack opened the slot on the door, "Not until those ungrateful vultures stop circling!" Savanna bit back an amused smile as Jack slammed the peephole door shut.

"Dad." The daughter sighed.

"Hey. Ungrateful? Who does he think pays for this place?" Dave questioned in disbelief.

"You sold my house to pay for it!" Jack yelled through the door.

"Eddie, Chim, we're gonna have to storm the Bastille here." Bobby whispered into his radio.
"He's acting like a child." Dave stated.

"I am not." Jack argued back.

"Storming the Bastille, Cap." Chimney's voice came through through walkies.

"He's old, Dave. And sad and lonely, living in this place, knowing he's dying." The sister tried to reason with her brother.

"Oh, wait, your father's ill?" Savanna questioned.

"I didn't mean, dying, dying. I just mean..." Jack cut his daughter off through the door, "You wish, you ungrateful brats."

"He is 82." She shrugged.

"And I'm as healthy as a horse." Jack reopened the peephole door.

"And stubborn as a mule." Dave told him walking towards the window.