My dear little sister.

The Watcher, an Aeon of the Void. One of the youngest and weakest but gaining influence at an alarming rate.

The only people that follow the path of the void, at least that I know of were me, and my little sister, Kai'sa.

Well, that's what people called us, Kai'sa and Kas'sai'din. The Path of Void doesn't care about names, even the Aeon isn't named "Watcher" it's just what we refer to them us.

As for our nicknames, they mean "She who knows the desert" and "He whom the desert knows".

Yes, we were both given some names by our parents, and we did remember them, just found it useless to use them. We never really liked our parents anyway. The only times when my sister used my real name was when she was really mad at me. As for me? She never made me mad...angry? Yes, but never mad, so I don't think I've ever called her by her given name.

We both lived on a desert planet, almost all the people here followed the path of Abundance and prayed to its Aeon.  

I and my sister never told anyone that we followed a different path because we were scared. Abundance tries to save all life, refusing death, it may sound wonderful, but in most cases, the followers of this path are fanatics.

We were scared that we would lose our lives if we let them know that we didn't follow the teachings of their "god".

That's why we wandered the desert, only briefly visiting cities and selling goods. From here our nicknames came from.

...

The path of the void grants otherworldly powers to those who tread it. Powers beyond even the wildest imaginations. And the Watcher judges if one is worthy of those powers.

You aren't told if you are worthy or not, you know. Either the gaze upon yourself is stern and angry, or cold and peaceful.

From what we learned so far, Watcher doesn't like it when we show our powers to anyone that follows a certain path. It didn't care if we used the powers to travel the desert faster with them or if we used them to hunt animals in the caves. As long as no one else knew about the void.

...

The powers I and my sister were granted were vastly different but allowed for very similar usage in our environment. My sister grew large otherworldly cannons on her shoulders when using them. These cannons could propel her forward at the speed of light.

She could also shoot plasma from them, to kill animals.

My powers allowed me to teleport anywhere. My body got sucked into a literal black hole, not like the star that is so dense to consume light, no an actual hole that leads to a different dimension, to the void.

There, I could summon another hole back into the living dimension. Due to the lawless structure of the void, I didn't have to even take a step to appear on the other end of the galaxy back in my dimension.

...

One day we were having a feast in a  deep cave. Feasting on the creatures that Kai'sa caught and sitting around a campfire with a  very calm atmosphere.

"Nice catch we have today, we might not have to visit the tavern at the City."

I said as I took a bite of cooked giant rat meat.

"This place is known for its infestation of these things, I would be disappointed if we didn't have a feast here."

My sister replied matter-of-factly as she stuffed her cheeks with the meat.

"Yes, I suppose you are right."

I then felt the Watcher's gaze.

I grumbled.