Immediately the Pale King began trying to take steps to avoid this future.

After many visions he found out that this cube was called "The Eliacube" and it was a powerful device forged from Wakfu.

The Pale King then began working towards the elimination of all Wakfu.

He eventually managed to discover the Polar opposite of Wakfu, something known as "Void."

A pit of Void was discovered under the Hallownest The Abyss"

Void is a black living substance that existed since the beginning of the universe.

Void had the ability to nullify Wakfu and would no doubt be instrumental in the Pale King's efforts to preserve his rule.

During his time ruling Hallownest he had met a Pale being known as the "White Lady."

The White Lady:

The White Lady:

She would also serve in his plans.

She was his Queen and had an insatiable desire to procreate...to breed.

And breed they did.

They produced several large eggs and the Pale King tossed those eggs into the Abyss.

Those eggs hatched, millions from each Egg came forth and enfused with the Void.

These children became known as Vessels and would serve as a sort of counter force to Wakfu.

In addition to this, more experiments with the Void were performed including filling armor with the Void.

Kingsmould:

These were known as Kingsmould and only a few were made as binding Void to armor was a long and time-consuming process and they served as Elite guards.

At first things were going smoothly, until an incident occurred, an attempt at making another Kingsmould went wrong.

For some reason this Kingsmould was quite mad and desired to collect and preserve living things.