A Stupid Vampire - Chapter One

"hmh.." Kevin played with his fingers, sitting at the desk like he always would. He let out a sigh and looked up at the entrance doors of the shop - it was almost closeing time and nobody had even come in here, he knew he was right when he told his boss nobody buys candy at this time of the year, but Kevin's boss being Kevin's boss, they didn't listen. They never have.

The bells above the door rang as someone walked in, they stood there, holding their hands close to their chest like a lost child looking for its mother. Kevin stared at the person, they seemed to be dressed up as some sort of fancy vampire. Well, it made sense seeing how that haunted house thing has been made, but why would they be here? Didn't they plan ahead with their candy? Whatever happened, Kevin didn't want to be a part of it.

"Oh? Hello!-" They ran to the desk happily, a soft smile on their lips. They got Inturupted by Kevin before they could say another word.

"What do you want?" Kevin replied, he didn't even care if he sounded fed up or annoyed with them anymore, he's tired, and he's not hideing that just for customers to feel more welcome in the store.To Kevin, it made more sense to be yourself at work instead of forceing a smile and trying to be freindly.

"Oh, well, can i have a box of candy? You see! I need it for-" they tried to continue, but got cut off by Kevin's words again.

"Sure." Kevin put the box of candy on the counter and gently slid it towards the person, they were confused, but decided not to say anything.

"Well, thank you, Kevin!" They smiled widely and took the box into their arms.

"Wha-" Kevin was caught off guard by this person calling him by his name. How did they know that?

"Oh, sorry, your name tag. Should I not call you that?" They asked, struggling to hold the box of candy in their arms without dropping it onto their feet. Kevin looked down at the name tag on his chest and immediately tore it off.

"Ah...okay...uh, its fine, i guess-?" Kevin tried to force himself into a smile, but ended up looking a bit awkward. The person smiled back, their smile more genuine than Kevin's - alot more genuine.

Kevin stared at their fangs, he wanted to ask something, but didn't want to be humiliated or laughed at for such a dumb question. He took his eyes from the fangs and looked at the person's eyes, but he tried not to look too long to end up comeing off as creepy. The person payed what they owed and left happily, talking to their freind outside now. Kevin stared as they walked out of the store and the bell rang again. He didn't want them to come back, not a little bit. Or, at least, that's what he told himself..god they're so dumb.

Kevin clocked out as soon as his shift ended, he grabbed his jacket and threw it on quickly before rushing to get to his freind Radford's house. it started to pour down as Kevin ran to Radfords house, his intire body soaked though by the rain.

Kevin slammed open Radfords door and got in as quickly as possible, panting and dripping rain as he tried to catch his breath. Radford walked over and stared at him.

"Why are you panting so aggressively dude-" Radford looked at Kevin a bit consernd.

"Well i didn't want to be in the rain any longer did i-?" He asked, sounding slightly pissed as he took his wet jacket off.

"Fair point. Well, just wanted to let you know that another freind of mine wanted to come over and talk to me today, if thats okay, of course!" Radford closed the door so the floor wouldn't get soaked, Kevin nodded and threw his jacket over the arm of the couch.

"Yeah, that's fine. Who is it?" He asked, fixing his shirt.

"Streber!" Radford said happily.

"who's that-?" Kevin asked, before he could continue, The door bell rang, and Radford opened the door. There stood Streber, green jumper with a collared shirt underneath, his glasses on.

it took Kevin a second or two, but once he realized, he froze. It was that stupid vampire from earlier. Streber looked at Kevin and smiled.