"I just radiate that energy." He mused, though I saw the weariness in his eyes. "I'm Nyx." At the introduction of his name I froze, my breathing hitched slightly at that invitation to introduce myself. 

"I can't..." Nyx cut me off, obviously sensing the rising panic in me as he whooshed out a breath. 

"You're fine, I'm sure you just hurt yourself last night and have some memory loss, if you want, I can have my mother come see you. She might be able to unlock what your mind is hiding."

I nodded, words now escaping me as I looked back up to him, I felt some normalcy in this, his wings even though they were different... I couldn't decide how or why they were different though. It felt as though I could remember and at the same time not remember anything. Like I had this vague notion of knowing things just not remembering them. 

"I'll go get my mom; she's been wanting to speak to you since last night." Nyx said with a small smile. "She can check the wound on your side as well. I don't want to overwhelm you with healers." 

With that he opened the bedroom door that I hadn't realized he was leaning against while I was in my mind. And as he slipped through it, I thought about what he had offered, his mother being able to unlock what my mind was hiding. What that meant I hadn't the slightest idea as I leaned back against the pillows. I knew about magic, knew of its existence and yet how I knew was a mystery.  Everything in my head was a mess, I knew things but at the same time had no idea on how I knew. I sighed, eyes roaming around the room, taking in the decor. 

A knock was placed on the door, my eyes shot up as I glanced at it, sitting up. A woman, rather high Fae walked in, she was dressed in a loose cream sweater and legging and looked to be my age. But something about the grace in her walk I knew she wasn't. 

"Hello dear, I'm Feyre." She said softly while walking towards the bed, a soft smile on her face as she looked me over. 

"Hi," I replied, this woman was Nyx's mother, but she looked so young that I couldn't help not slightly gawk at her. 

"I want to ask your permission to enter your mind, it won't hurt, and you won't even notice my presence, but I should be able to see where you came from." Feyre said softly as she sat down on the edge of the bed. 

"Okay," I nodded my head, I supposed Nyx had filled her in on the rather disturbing blankness my mind was. 

I watched as her face fell concentrated, her brow's bunching. And I hadn't even known she did anything till a gasp escaped the females' lips, eyes going wide. Seconds later Nyx and a new male rushed in, going straight to Feyre's side. Instinctively I pushed my body further away from them, unsure what had just happened. 

"What is it?" The male asked, who I assumed was Nyx's father from the similarities in their face. 

"It's... It's different I cant see anything and yet it pushed me out, tried to attack me." Feyre gasped out, her hand pressed to her head as she looked at me with wide eyes. 

"I didn't do anything," My voice cracked as all three of them looked to me. "I... I don't even know what you did." Nyx stepped closer to my side, eyes scanning me. 

"How was your mind able to attack her?" He asked, concern lacing his voice. 

"I don't know, I don't know." I repeated, pushing further away from him.

"Son," The male murmured as he stood up, "I'll look, see if I can find what it is." 

I wasn't sure what had happened till I felt a presence in my mind, it was looking around. And I couldn't help it as I jolted back, eyes growing wide as he pushed deeper. A hand was placed on my shoulder, Nyx had sat down at my side. And I wasn't sure why, but I calmed as he spoke. 

"You're fine, he's just trying to see what pushed my mom out." He soothed, gently gripping my shoulder. 

"It's difficult, almost like someone took your memories..." He mused, glancing to his wife. "They used some serious spell work to create a defense against anyone entering her mind. As if they didn't want you to remember something but where too lazy to just take that memory and took it all. Then to hide their work they put a spell over you, to keep anyone out. But lucky for you I was able to get in." 

"Can you see anything though?" Feyre asked as she stood back up. 

"No, everything is gone." 

I glanced between them all, my body going cold at the revelation. Someone had done this to me, they had taken who I was and left nothing for me. What... who had I been? Where had I come from...

"But, on the bright side we may be able to break the spell in time. Whoever placed it was sloppy and lucky for you I happened to be quite good at mending minds. I'll need to do some research." He nodded his head, as if confirming it to himself. Then he gave his son a long glance, perhaps to long to be casual until I noticed Nyx dipped his head. 

"I'll have my mom check your wound, I'll come see you later."