Sequence 1: An Introductoin

2376, 1/1/2 era

"A step in darkness will help us know how to defeat it, for with this our walk in the light will be even furthered." -

Virenden

It was a long travel to the frozen plains of the arctic of Phana. The NightHawks base resided in a cave under a huge glacier. The cave was large enough to support the establishment of three cities spaced out evenly inside it. Xavier, Scribe of the NightHawks, resided in the southern wing of the cave, in the city of Mensa. We had to take a P.S.E.C Chimera shuttle to get to the bases entrance. The use of P.S.E.C's shuttle was made useful through Conetru's Royal Guard, who's members had ties with the assassins. Xavier himself was a member of the Guard. He served as the recon specialist of the group.

If you wish to know who the speaker of this tale is you may call me Hatan. I am the AI in charge of all of the Guards ships and mobile units. As of now I am the one taking Xavier and his closest comrade, Damien, to meet the Hran(leader) of the NightHawks. The meeting was set in place so that Damien could speak with the him.

My avatar flickered to life in the shuttle bays closed up interior. As like most AI's I chose to create an avatar that mimicked the race that created me. I chose one of a young Togan woman, wearing her hair back in a pony tail and bangs hanging to the left. My clothes consisted of traditional Egyptian robes save for the jewelry and makeup. My avatar stood 5ft6in, hovering an inch from the ground.

"How long till we reach the the Mausoleum?" Xavier asked. The Mausoleum was the name of the entrance into the NightHawks base. The structure was built to resemble a large black hawk. This hawk is the physical representation of the Order's master and creator, NinHaw(meaning nighthawk in ancient Hav).

"E.T.A is ten minutes. I suggest you wake Damien if you wish him to meet Virenden." I replied calmly to him. Damien was asleep at the end of the shuttle with his fedora over his eyes. He was a Tigra, like Xavier. Tigra are a feline race made up of most cat breeds you can find on Terara(ancient Hav for Earth). The most common Tigra in existents are the ones related to bobcats, lynxes, lions, and tigers. Damien was of the bobcat line like Xavier. The one difference from the Terara bobcats and Tigra bobcats is that they are born with little or no whiskers and are bipedal, sentient creatures.

Damien wore traditional military sandals(used for quick movement as they don't restrict), close fitting black jeans, and a purple and black horizontal striped V-necked shirt. The fedora color varies on the color shirt he wears, today it was green and black.

Xavier walked over to Damien and then stopped abruptly. He looked over to me a smiled. Then he took out his bow and notched and arrow. It was clear what he was going to do. I did not protest to it because both he and I knew he would not release the arrow, he was to good a bowman to make that mistake. He leaned over Damien and aimed the bow towards his face. With it in place he kicked his leg.

"Damien!" He woke up slowly. When he opened his eyes they instantly widened, then he jumped and fell over onto the floor. Xavier and I bursted out laughing while he tried to put the arrow back into the quiver. Damien got back up with a flustered expression.

"That wasn't funny!" He yelled at us. "I could have gotten killed!"

"Oh, but you didn't." I told him whilst snickering. "You of all people should know that Xavier's hand is unmatched in the art of archery."

"Yes, I know that." Damien said embarrassed. He walked over to the cockpit, making sure to step around my hologram.

The cockpits main screen flashed a symbol of a bird, the NightHawks emblem. Xavier came up to inspect it.

"That's Virenden's personnel icon! He never transmits these types of calls." I moved to stand beside the two, then switched on the video feed. Virenden's appearance was easy to describe. He wore the traditional NightHawk robes. A black cloak with a hood that shadowed the face. Virenden never showed his face. At any angle and any light shadow covered his face. That was what was unsettling about him. You knew nothing about him, not even his facial features. All you knew was his slight Russian accent.

"Ah, Xavier. I thought you'd pick up. There's been an incident down at the labs so the meeting will have to be pull forward." He paused to look at something off screen." You've been given clearance to use my private entrance. Go and land there. I will be waiting in my chambers." The video feed cut off.

"Shall I direct us to his entrance?"

Damien looked up at me. "Yes. Take us down."

Xavier moved to the back of the ships shuttle bay. When he reached the cargo door he opened the hatch. Wind blew every where. Nothing was sucked out though because the ships interior was designed to match the pressure of whatever was on the outside. Xavier sat down at the edge of the opened hatch. I looked towards him with a look of concern.

"I'm getting the feeling Virenden wasn't telling all we should have known." I told him. Xavier turned his head to look at me.

"To hell he isn't!" He said angrily.