"Yes, but don't worry, it doesn't matter." He assured letting out a long yawn. "Something happened?"

"𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑. 𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔, 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝. 𝙸 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠 𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙶𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎?" He asked, wishing with all his might that his answer was negative.

"Shit. Fucking bitch." He mentally cursed Sam, hating her more and more.

He couldn't think of any credible lie to keep up his facade.

His father knew that Sam and Richie didn't want to interview him, they wanted him to help them. That simple fact already made him doubt the veracity of his son's words. And he knew it.

"𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚎?" He asked when he didn't receive an answer, which only confirmed his suspicions.

He was trying to think of something, but his mind was blank. There was no point in continuing with this farce.

"...Yes, she told the truth." He confessed in a low tone.

He never liked lying to his parents, and even less with serious things. He felt like garbage, and that feeling only got worse when his parents found out, which was very odd to happen.

"𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝚂𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙾𝚄𝚂!?" He claimed angrily, which slightly stunning the minor. "𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚎!?"

"I wanted to keep you away from all of this. I don't want your life to be put in danger again by some fucker wearing a disguise." He said with a slight grimace hearing how betrayed his father felt.

"𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗, 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚓𝚘𝚋 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚎." He said pacing back and forth in an attempt to calm down.

"I'm sorry for worrying about your safety." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"𝙳𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙶𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍?" He asked annoyed by the tone his son used.

"Yes I did, that's why I told you that I heard those who attacked me say they were going to go our house. I did it so you would stay alert without knowing that a new Ghostface appeared." He explained hearing his father sigh.

"𝙸 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝?" He asked massaging his brow, feeling stressed.