31 | Birthday Dinner

Start from the beginning

They join us at the booth, and then I saw him too.

"Did you seriously bring him with you?" I nudged Theodore.

He furrows his eyebrows, "I didn't bring anyone else besides Draco and Blaise."

I stand up, going to tell him off, Cedric noticed that he was here too, and I could almost feel the jealousy radiating off of him.

He pulls me in for a kiss, knowing that Riddle was watching us and Cedric wanted to make him jealous for some reason.

"I'll be back."

"I'm coming with you." Theodore stands.

"No. Just stay here. If I'm not back in five minutes then you can come out." I say.

I start walking and Riddle walks too until we are outside and not seen by anyone else.

"What the hell are you doing here? If you are here to ruin my birthday then do it later, not around my friends." I speak.

"I'm not here to ruin your birthday." He spoke.

"Then why are you here? Gosh are you obsessed with me or something? You can't just stay away."

"Cedric made it pretty clear you were together." He says, observing me from head to toe.

"Yes we are, what's it to you?" I huffed.

"I don't care, I just thought it was funny that he's clearly intimidated by me because we kissed." He smiled.

"I was trying to forget that you and I did anything of the sorts. It meant nothing... I don't know why I ever thought that it was a good idea." I tell him.

"And you're a liar." He stated.

"I'm not dealing with this. What do you want?"

"Here," He hands me a jewelry box, waiting for me to take it from his hand.

"I don't want it. I don't want anything from you." I deny, pushing his hand away.

"Just look at it." He argued, "If I look at it, you have to leave."

He nodded and I sighed, taking the box from his hand and opening it.

A gasp leaving my mouth as I look at the emerald colored pendant with a gold chain, he got me a necklace.

"You have the heart of a Gryffindor, but the mind of a Slytherin." He whispered.

"I looked at it. You agreed you would leave."

"Keep it. Happy Birthday, redhead." And with that he walked away with his hands in his pockets.

//

"I hope you had a good day," Cedric says, his arm wrapped around my waist as we walked around outside, it was dark and the stars were beautiful.

"I did, thank you for everything."

"You deserve everything." He replied.

"You're the sweetest." I turn and face him completely, my hand rests on his clothed chest.

He cupped my cheek, leaning in to kiss me, and I let him, almost immediately kissing him back.

It felt right, being with Cedric felt right. But something always held me back from completely wanting to be with him.

And I didn't know what.

It was late, we all were back to Hogwarts and back to our dorms.

Us girls got ready for bed, but I stared into the mirror, with the necklace I was given by Riddle.

"Who gave you that?" Maggie questioned.

"Riddle." I answered quietly.

"I see. Do you want me to help you put it on?"

"Should I? I mean it's so beautiful but... it's from him." I turn to her for advice.

"If Cedric asks you where you got it, say it was from me, okay?"

"Thank you." I nodded, watching her through the mirror clasp the necklace onto me.

"It really is beautiful, I can't believe he got this." Maggie said surprised.

"Me either."

//

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!