The tale of the sword and its scabbard.

30th may, 2023

1:15 am

Mohit Sharma to Ravindra Jadeja
FOUR! Chennai super kings win their fifth title, as the mammoth task had been easily handled by the Star of the night, Ravindra Jadeja! Mohit had given a full length ball which came down onto Ravi Jadeja's pad, and he swinged it with full energy!

Jaddu had always been the sanguine one! When he was new to the team, his failure bothered him, but he couldn't let the third party know about it. It just wasn't his style.
And neither did anyone bothered to pester him on that subject.

Virat on the other hand, had been the opposite of what he was. One bad game and Mahi Bhai had always been there for him, to pick it after him. He would cling onto him, coddle onto him until he felt good, until he got back to his goofy self.

Jaddu didn't despise Virat for that!

He can never think of hating his Cheeku!

Not in this lifetime.

But somewhere down in his guts, he knew it pricked him when Virat and Ro got Mahi's maximum attention. And deep inside he craved for its taste! Taste of being a kid, of being loved, of being the center of attention of someone you adore!

His exuberant nature, his boisterous laugh, his mischievous eyes were always good at masking his feelings out in there.

Atleast that's what he thought so!

Until one day, Mahi caught onto him too. Though it took him time, but he did!

His carefully woven mask of engendering protection to his feelings was laid down peacefully to its grave.

Mahi Bhai had dug out every buried feeling in his heart and had scrapped every insecurity out of his mind, similar of what he did to Vi and Ro. He had embraced his every fear as his own, and gave him the warmest hug out there in this cold mass of world!, Promising he will be their for him in whichever way he want!

At that point he knew, he was his kid.

Mahi Bhai's kid! Just how Vi and Ro were!

And that day he had, made it a pact, that his Mahi Bhai deserved the world! Every victory, every trophy should be of his name, laid down on his feet. He would tussle through every game, as hard he can so as to lead them too victory. And Ro and Vi had shared the same vision as he did, so he knew he had all the help he needed to emerge victorious.

But sometimes, God forgets its gracious self .
As you say, when human plan the course of action, God lay down the steps!
And he did lay the steps!
2015 WC, 2017WC, and the worst of all 2019WC.
But their course of action faltered in every faction!

They tried hard, but every time it ended into misery. All Jaddu could see was gloominess surrounding them every time they lost. He could see his friends fighting, his Bhai desperately trying to calm them down, but his glance were fixated only on one thing! He could only see the uncouth pain in Mahi's eyes, those nonchalant tears, beyond any emotion were threatening to fall, and for the first time Jaddu felt what a heart break was! The pain that was surging through Mahi's voice, eyes, had Jaddu reeling in pain, as if he had been crucified by thousand dagger, all at the same time. But, Jaddu had again gathered himself up from shreds, tied it up on his shoulders to win Mahi a cup.

But his ventilated dream, succumbed to its injuries, when it received the last and the ghastliest blow from the one who fueled his dreams, Mahi Bhai!

He suddenly announced his retirement, reason stating his aging body and decreasing agility!

Hell broke upon him! He felt abandoned in midst of an path where the only person standing behind had kicked him in the back.

This was not how it was supposed to turn out! Mahi Bhai can't do this!
Virat said it! Ro said it! And he believed that maybe Mahi would not shrug of Cheeku, as he did with him!

But Bhai had made up his mind for good hat he was no good for the Indian team!
And continuing would be selfish! Selfish than anymore he could be!

But, as you say,

Where God showers, it shines!

And it did happen!

And Jaddu had did! The team had did it!
Maybe an IPL trophy meant nothing compared to a world cup, but the emotions resonated!

Something he had ardently wanted!

And dear lord did it felt surreal!

He had circled around the pitch with his bat held high in his hands, as high as ever only to sprint off as fast as he can to Mahi Bhai, with a childish glint in his eyes!
Just how a toddler run upto it's mother, showing on its achievement.
He felt the same, in his Mahi Bhai's arm.
He held him as tightly as he could, letting the feeling simmer down their body.

It was their moment!

And they wanted to hold it forever!

"I did it for you, Mahi Bhai!"

Tears were not the material Mahi's body secreted but, Jaddu's word held that power, that his whole body wanted to tear down, in happiness!

It was the end if his career, and his kid had made it special for him!

What more can he ever ask?

He knew his knees were giving up, and so was his body! He knew he needed rest from this charismatic career!

And thanks to Jad, he felt that he owned a succesful venture through the years!

Oh how happy he was! He knew that trophy was not the reason!
Because he had many!
And no trophy can ever define the relation he had created in these years!
No trophy can ever be compared to the happiness he feels when he saw Virat scoring back to back centuries or Ro entering into playoffs!
They were the real gems he had adorned in his heart.
A trophy could never make him happy!

But he felt ecstatic, it felt as if he was on top of this world!
The reason?

He was happy because Jaddu had winged the dream his kids have seen every day!

He felt proud of Jaddu! He knew he was capable!

And that hug conveyed everything!
Every mask they had doned, were let down!
They were raw out there, high on emotions!

They were not as Skip and Sir Ravindra Jadeja!
But as Mahi Bhai and his kid Jaddu!

And they wished it stayed that way!

________

I hope it was upto your expectation,
Messy_bird

Sorry if not!

I wrote in sleep
Hehe!