02 - Unspoken Rule

Beginne am Anfang

Sure there was Sendou, their other teammates, and some of their classmates but he never noticed Oliver being close with anyone else. The answer to his questions later came in the form of h/c haired girl who he just accidentally met one day.

And it was as if everything suddenly made sense.

Going home, tired from practice then suddenly bumping into a girl. 16-year-old Yukimiya finally found the answer he has been looking for. He didn't even get to apologize at that time because of how fast a certain person ran to help the girl he had bumped into.

Oliver Aiku didn't do just the bare minimum because he had no clue how relationships should be. He did just that because he didn't love the person he was with in the first place.

If Yukimiya thought Oliver always looked happy when he got into a new relationship, then the dual-eyed must have been over the moon right now. Watching his friend smile so widely— wider than when they win their match, everything finally clicked.

She was probably the best friend Sae had been talking about. He thought.

Yukimiya managed to understand Oliver a little bit more the day he met L/n Y/n.

"You good, Ken?"

Yukimiya shook off his thoughts when he sees a hand wave in front of his face. He glances at his dual-eyed friend who was looking at him with worry.

"If you're not feeling well I can take you to the clinic, I'll just ask notes from someone else so you can copy them."

Yukimiya shook his head. "I'm fine, don't worry. Just got lost in my head."

Oliver's worried look didn't really fade but he nodded anyway. "Alright... just tell me if you're not feeling good, yeah?"

Yukimiya nodded and smiled. He watched as his friend return his gaze back to the front but not really paying attention to whatever was being discussed. He looks down at his phone as it vibrates, remembering that he had just been talking to Yoichi a few minutes ago.

Yoi
Btw can you tell Oliver that Emi came and shouted at me yesterday?
She also told me to tell him that he's the biggest piece of shit

Why didn't you just text him yesterday?

Yoi
mf blocked me
I think he was already expecting the reaction

Yukimiya chuckled quietly, shaking his head. As he was about to tell his friend the message that was supposed to be passed, he was met with a familiar expression that he knew could only be caused by one person.

Yukimiya nudged Oliver's shoulder and raised his brows, indirectly asking him why he was smiling like a lovesick fool— not that he'd directly say that.

"Oh, Y/n's asking me to go somewhere later after practice."

As expected.

"Didn't you two just went out  yesterday?"

"Yea, she had a cafe she wanted to visit. This one's for her school work though."

"Alright... and remember, Ryu wants to go out on Friday, she coming with us?"

"I'll ask her later." Oliver grinned before returning back to his phone.

Yukimiya looked back at the message from Yoichi and then at his friend and all he could do was sigh. He knew he'd probably have the same thoughts as the girls Oliver has dated if he were in their position.