She led you out of the cottage and into the palace, leading you down to a room where open coffins showed dead people in sand.

"Two thousand orens to your Sorceress if she can tell me what exactly killed these people," Triss said.

You looked up at Geralt, who nodded down at you.

You slowly moved Geralt's hand off you, shuddering at the feeling of the cold, and how unprotected you felt.

You walked forwards, Geralt staying with Triss as they both watched your every move.

You looked over at the bodies, some just having a decapitated head laying in the sand, causing you to look away.

You approached one man, who had blood coming out of his eyes.

You took a deep breath, turning to look at another one, but something gleamed in the corner of your eye.

You twisted back around to look down at it. The same medallion Geralt down.

You reached down with a shaky hand, picking up the medallion and soothing it with your thumb.

You yanked it off the man's neck, the rope snapping as you held it up to the light.

"You didn't want the people to know that it bested a Witcher," You said, quietly. "And you let them believe that he fled with their coin."

You turned to face Triss, who's eyes were filled with shock.

You looked at Geralt, who looked upset.

You pocketed the medallion, before using your magic to move sand aside, to get a better look at the damage.

His side was open, and taking a deep breath, you concentrated, closing your eyes and using your magic to feel what body parts where missing. If there were any.

You searched for a soft surface of a heart, but found nothing.

You could feel ribs, a spine, and everything else.

"What is she doing?" Geralt asked.

"Feeling," Triss repsonded.

You crept lower, not feeling a liver either.

"His heart's missing along with his liver," You said, stopping your magic as it flowed back to your hands. "Only one creature I read about that is as pick as an eater. A striga."

"Strigas are old wives' tales," Triss said.

"They're very rare," You said. "That's what I've read. The only way to make one is through a curse."

"Someone wanted Adda dead," Triss said.

You hummed.

"But the curse didn't stop Adda," You said. "It turned her daughter into a monster."

"'Her daughter'?" Triss echoed.

"Strigas are female," You said. "I...I think."

You thought for a moment, putting together all the pieces.