─ 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

Start from the beginning

A fire hazard is what the items in her bag were, but Magdalena had never been able to fit under the societal definition of normal. Normal was fucking dull. With Lulu's arm interlocked with hers, Magdalena completely ignored the fact that her friend went to lay her head against her shoulder, clearly exhausted. At least all of them could relate to that deeply.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

Dustin began the long-awaited conversation while Magdalena's attention was trained solely on Eddie, her eyes never once wavering and subconsciously gnawing on her lower lip in discontent. Without hesitation, the guy opted for the bad news. Magdalena would've done the same. Anyone would've done the same. Still, the girl attempted to break the crippling suspense in the room by offering some temporary humor to save some of her sanity.

"Living on the wild side, I see. Or you're a total pessimist."

The brunette sent a stray wink when Eddie glanced her way and it hadn't meant to be flirtatious, but the guy sure enjoyed it. He was warming up more and more to the mystical teenager. Eddie—upon noticing—felt virtually no stress clawing away at his heart when Magdalena was around him. Her low-energy demeanor seriously granted him moments of peace that he could only get whilst he was alone. It was very odd. But in a good way.

"We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

Dustin continued and Magdalena could only cringe at the bluntness of the kid's words. Sure it was true, but a little sugarcoating would've done some good in an event like this. Especially when she witnessed Eddie's expression turn into severe worry and hopelessness. She'd been there before. But this wasn't about her and since that was the case, Magdalena was attempting to do everything in her power to help Eddie. Mainly because she had walked out on him yesterday night during his time of need. Reminiscing on Eddie pleading—begging her to stay with him kept her from sleeping. It felt wrong to leave him. And the better part of her was trying to fix that by brainstorming actual ways in which she could assist him. The brunette recalled one way, but it was completely unorthodox and it had a fifty-fifty chance of actually working.

"And the good news?

Eddie's despairing question clearly didn't do anything to ease Magdalena. Her guilt about not staying with him kept flaring up. The brunette shifted her weight onto her other foot, ignoring Lulu's whine of protest about ruining the positioning of her head. For an added measure, Magdalena shrugged her shoulder in an effort to silently tell Lulu to stand up straight and not use her as a pillow. The raven-haired girl didn't budge. As for Eddie's question, Robin graciously replied but clearly not with the sort of answer that the poor guy looked for. It was honest and straight to the point:

"Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

Dustin made it sound like going to the grocery store for a carton of orange juice, but in theory, it was a well-thought-out plan. The steps were clear-cut and sequential, but the execution of it would certainly take some time. Eddie stared at the kid in disbelief, hoping to wrap his head around whatever the fuck came from his mouth. That whole "plan" felt like one giant April Fool's joke to him which is why he needed to look over at Magdalena to confirm the validity of this. With a graceful nod from the brunette, Eddie felt like he wouldn't make it out of his worries alive. And they were already consuming him unapologetically.