─ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Start from the beginning

Brrring!

Magdalena May mumbled some profanities to herself as she sat up in bed, her hair looking like even more of a bird's nest than usual with drool glistening on the side of her mouth which she was forced to wipe away with the back of her hand. Not her proudest or most attractive moment.

The alarm clock on her nightstand was persisting to be turned off and the shrill sound reverberated within the brunette's head. She blindly reached over to smack the alarm firmly, eyes still bleary from having woken up moments prior. After the alarm was no longer an issue, Magdalena sat up in the middle of her bed and stared at the bedroom wall blankly. She was in the midst of getting her brain back in order. She felt strange though. Like she traveled back in time or something. It wasn't midday, instead, it was morning. Her dad was home, singing to himself in the kitchen rather than being out and about. And Billy wasn't in bed with her.

Billy wasn't there.

It was too good to be true after all. Ever so gracefully, Magdalena reached behind her to snag her pillow and once she did, there was no hesitation in her being when she buried her face into the material and screamed into it, utterly pissed off about the fact that her imagination would betray her like this. Taking the pillow away from her now partially red face, Magdalena chucked it against the wall and threw the covers off herself to get ready for the day which would soon be filled with Lulu's nonstop anecdotes about boys and a manicure.

✧・゚:

"So it's true? Shit. I talked to her just last week about which brand of nail polish is the best quality. That's so...That's awful."

"It's so real, girl. I'm telling you. This morning when I came out of my room, that was the first thing I saw on the TV. My mom almost puked and my dad almost put me on house arrest because of this whole thing. It was intense, like, not one of those intense moments when someone wears the same dress as you to a school dance. This was really intense. Small-town murder kind of intense. And the worst part, all the signs point to Eddie. I mean her body was found right in his trailer. So I feel like in a sense you're also involved since you talked to him. Isn't that, like, the most bizarro thing? But I still love you. The bracelet doesn't lie."

Lulu assured Magdalena with her pretty smile, showing off her pearly white teeth and holding up her wrist to show off her friendship bracelet which matched the brunette's bracelet. Unfortunately, Magdalena had opted to not wear the tacky accessory since the start of seventh grade since she thought it was childish and hideous. Lulu surely didn't comprehend the severity of her accusations against Eddie Munson and his alleged involvement in Chrissy Cunningham's murder. The raven-haired girl just kept nonchalantly chewing on her cherry-flavored gum as she and Magdalena headed towards the entrance of Family Video while the evening sun was still sitting high in the sky. The reason for their excursion: Lulu wanted to openly make goo-goo eyes at Steve Harrington.

She would unashamedly stare at the guy like he was some sort of god or somebody who was more important than her. Magdalena simply didn't get the infatuation. Though she could've easily attributed that distaste towards having a bit of bad blood with Steve. But Lulu's boy craziness was honestly the least of the brunette's concerns when her own best friend had just partly linked her to a crime she wasn't even sure was reliably reported. Eddie painted as a killer? Seemed a bit far-fetched for Magdalena's liking. The girl wanted to take her time while walking just to mull over her thoughts and the obviously biased news reporting, but Lulu wasn't patient. If anything, she was practically jogging towards the door of the store while also making sure she looked presentable in the reflection of the glass door.