One Destination

(Please note that any interactions with Angello and his siblings are happening in Spanish. I don't know Spanish, so I'd rather make this note than butcher the language by using google translate.)

-

Angello stepped out of the van as soon as they arrived at his destination, just a block away from his apartment building, he didn't want any of his siblings getting suspicious.
He didn't look back at the van as it drove away, and he didn't say any goodbyes. It's not like they were his friends or something, and he wouldn't need to become acquainted with any of them considering that he would be working for Mr. Willow's son.

Angello sighed deeply and began to walk, the begining of his lonely journey. Not just this one block, but for a while, he'd be all alone. Angello was technically alone, first he'd work early shifts at the diner, then during the afternoon he'd work at the coffee shop, then at night.. Well he'd either return back home to his siblings or have some more work to take care of. But when he returned home he wasn't lonely, Maria would be there, sometimes drinking, and Angello couldn't blame her for that. Sometimes she'd even allow him to have a drink or two, as long as he was with her.

On weekends his younger siblings would be awake too, and they'd just talk for hours, telling Angello all about their weeks. That was certainly something that made all this work and exhaustion worth it.
The fact that they were living normally, going to school like any other kids, getting a proper amount of nutrition. Angello's life was a living hell, but whenever he saw them smiling he was able to steal simple glances up at heaven.
Well of course it was stealing, what kind of assassin ends up in heaven?

Angello didn't follow any specific religion, he believed in a god, and he believed in a hell and heaven. He believed this god didn't like him very much, and that he'd end up in hell.
Maybe that should inspire him to live a life where he was happy and pleased with himself, but it achieved quite the opposite effect.

Truly, Angello's only reason to live was to give his younger siblings a proper life, and not abandon them like his parents did to him. Once they were all grown up and in college.. He had no plan.

What if he just ended his life then? Would that be so bad? His siblings would be sad for a while, but they'd get over it eventually, it wouldn't end their lives.
Because why live a good life when you know you don't deserve it? There's no explanation to do that, if you know you'll end up being tortured for eternity, just get things over with.

Angello's killed people, bad people, maybe some good people. No matter how good of a person he was for the rest of his life, there's always gonna be blood on his hands, and a crushing amount of guilt that occupies his mind that he simply chooses to ignore.
Angello sighed and put his hands in his pockets, staring up at his destination, the apartment building that was now in front of him.

This hopelessness wouldn't fade, it was best for him to end it all once his siblings were independent enough.
Angello covered his mouth and yawned, glancing at the elevator once, and as he expected the sign that said the elevator was out of order was right there, just as it had been for the past year.

He spun on his heel and walked until he found himself at the all too familiar stairs and began walking up.

It took him a little less than 10 minutes to finally reach the apartment, since it was only on the third floor, apartment number 304.
Angello got the key out of his pocket and unlocked the door before opening it, being met by the sight of the dimly lit apartment, with his sister on the dining table drinking wine out of a coffee mug.