"Mother? Mother!" Y/n shouted, grabbing at Rimnekel's talons. "Please, please!"

"Y/n, we have to go!" Ciznar said, picking Y/n up and placing her on his emerald green back. "Borch, you must protect the kingdom as best as you can. We may be the only dragons left."

Borch sighed, his eyes widened with horror, before nodding his head.

He went up to Y/n, who's eyes were red, tears running down her cheeks.

He pressed his large forehead against her small head.

"Be brave, Queen Y/n," He said, before running off the balcony, spreading his wings, and flying away.

•🏹•

Roach rocked side-to-side, as Geralt of Rivia, the Witcher, sat on the back of his horse.

He suddenly stopped, both his and Roach's ears twitching.

Someone was crying.

"Who's there?" Geralt said, barely above a whisper.

The crying stopped.

Geralt hopped off Roach, grabbing at his sword.

He crept slowly, forward, turning around a corner of trees, his eyes widening.

A woman, sat there, leaning against an emerald green Dragon, green energy forming at her hands.

Her hair was tangled, her face was a mess from crying (Geralt thought), but Geralt couldn't stop the first thought coming to mind, "She's beautiful."

"Hey-hey it's okay," Geralt said. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

"Put down the sword," The woman spat, and Geralt immediately dropped the sword.

It clattered onto the leafy ground, and the woman put her hands down, the magic disappearing.

"Where are you from?" Geralt asked.

The woman didn't answer.

Geralt sighed, running a hand through his silver hair.

"What's your name?" Geralt asked.

The woman stayed silent. She took a deep, shaky breath, looking at the Dragon behind her.

The Dragon's eyes were half flicked back to white, which meant it was half alive.

"Y/n,"

Geralt's eyes flicked back to the womans.

"My name is Y/n," The woman said.

"How do I know you're not lying?" Geralt asked.

"Why would I lie about my name?" Y/n asked.

"Where are you from, Y/n?" Geralt asked.

"I...I'm not-not sure," Y/n said.

"I'm sure you would know with a Green Dragon behind you," Geralt said, through clenched teeth.

Y/n sighed.

"The Dragon Mountains," Y/n said. "I was the only human there. Queen...Queen Rimnekel sent her guards after me. To protect me."

"It doesn't seem like you need protecting to me," Geralt said, ignoring the thought of why Y/n was sent out of the Mountains.

"I...you'd be surprised," Y/n muttered.

Geralt continued to stare at Y/n, as she turned her neck to look down at the Green Dragon.

The way her hair slowly waved in the wind, the way her green eyes sparkled, the way she messed with the rim of her dress. She seemed perfect to Geralt.

"Tell you what, Y/n of the Dragon Mountains," Geralt said, causing Y/n to look up at the Witcher. "I...fuck-I usually don't tell people this right away, but I'm a Witcher."

Y/n's expression didn't change.

"I'm supposed to-"

"To kill me?" Y/n cut-off, and Geralt rolled his eyes.

"No," Geralt said. "Even though that's what I was created for. I was also created to protect those who may be apart of my Destiny."

"Ah, so you think I'm apart of this Destiny Prophecy," Y/n said.

"Will you let me finish?" Geralt hissed, and Y/n held her hands up in surrender. "I will help you. I'll get you out of here, take you to a nearby Inn, get you some new clothing, and take you back to the Dragon Mountains."

Y/n scoffed.

"There's no need to take me back to the Mountains," Y/n said. "It's been destroyed. All of it. We...we were attacked."

Geralt's eyes widened.

"By who?" Geralt asked.

Y/n shrugged her slim shoulders, pulling her dress up her arm.

"I was too scared to look," She said. "It may have been Nilfgaard, but I don't understand why they would. We...we agreed to be peaceful with each other. To...to respect each other."

"When was this agreement made?" Geralt asked.

"3 years ago," Y/n said, and Geralt shook his head.

"Time's change, Y/n," Geralt said. "Nilfgaard wants to take control of the entire land. Are there any Dragons left?"

Y/n looked back at the Green Dragon, who's eyes were now 3/4 of a way closed.

"I...I don't know," Y/n whispered.

Geralt took a step forward, and Y/n's hand shot up, green glowing.

"Woah, woah," Geralt said. "I'm just trying to help."

Y/n's breath quickened.

"Can I trust you?" Y/n asked, and Geralt gave her a soft, gentle, smile.

"You can," Geralt said.

He crouched down, holding out a hand.

Y/n looked at the Green Dragon, stroking one of its horns, before leaning forward and taking Geralt's large hand.

There seemed to be energy flowing between the two of them, and Geralt pulled both him and Y/n up.

He slowly picked up his sword, showing her he was putting it behind his back.

Geralt helped Y/n onto Roach, before climbing on behind her.

He grabbed at the reins, before wrapping both his arms around Y/n's slim waist.

And for some reason, both Y/n and Geralt felt like they belonged.

Like it was Destiny.