Chapter 1.5: Cheap and Consuming

Start from the beginning

To make it even worse, it's likely she couldn't handle a small store robbery, I can't blame her, society during this time was a lot more diverse, especially in America. In Japanese society, citizens are taught that stealing is a serious crime that is extremely immoral.

Robbing the bank in Python, or any store in general, would be a bad choice. Killing a man is one thing, but actively causing trouble will make my bounty increase significantly over reoccurring misdeeds, I prefer to avoid any increase in my bounty as much as possible.

I guess it doesn't matter right now, I should just focus on hunting.

After a while, I finally arrive to a decent spot in the forest, I dismount off of Priceless, hitch him to a nearby tree, and grab my bow.

The wind is going against me, which is good as that means prey that is ahead of me won't be able to smell me.

Every animals that is to be hunted will be approached from any direction except it's line of vision, though this still doesn't eliminate the possibility of them detecting my presence. The wind can carry over my scent, which leads to the discovery of my presence. It's best if I were to keep a track of where the wind is blowing towards so that I can try switching my approach to any prey that I may find.

I head northeast, which is where the wind blows against me. Though I shouldn't rely on the direction where the wind is blowing against, as I may have to explore around the forest to find prey instead of exploring one specific direction.

Nevertheless, I continue to descend into the forest, my eyes wandering around the forest, searching for any prey that is to be hunted.

There are many factors to account for finding and killing prey, though I supposed it could be more simple to make some bait to lure any victims that were unfortunate to have fallen for the trap.

As I think about alternative methods to hunt for prey, I spot an elk bending it's head to feed on the vegetation growing on the forest floor.

Luckily, the wind is still blowing against me, so any chance that the elk may pick up on my scent has been diminished to an unlikely occurrence.

I ready my bow, pulling the string back. I line up my shot to the elk's neck, making sure that I don't mess this shot up.

There is a chance that as soon as I let of the string, releasing my arrow, the elk may raise its head. Maybe I can force it to raise its head so that I can't shoot the arrow at its neck before it runs away.

Too risky, I should just make the shot. I take a deep breath in, and aim at the elk's neck.

I am aiming for a clean kill, I don't want the meat to be ruined by a lousy shot.

I let go of the string.

The sound of the arrow piercing through the air is oddly satisfying, the arrow speeds towards the target of my shot, the poor elk stands no chance.

The sound of the arrow piercing flesh with a cold and resounding *thump* confirms that my arrow hit its target.

I emerge from my spot, and approach the carcass of the elk that was filled with life not even a minute ago.

"I suppose one should be enough to feed the three of us, this is a lot more better than living off of fruits and vegetables."