9: 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙡𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙨 *

Start from the beginning

Barbie.

The two of them continued their conversation, but I seemed to zone out for a second. Focusing on my own thoughts before pulling out my cell phone from the Nike tracksuit bottoms.

1:42

She was going into her last class of the day. So, I hurried and sent the question before she became too busy with her classwork. The idea was impulsive and sparked off the fact that she landed me a new customer. Someone new walked through those doors every day, on multiple occasions. And they would return once their nerves stopped getting the best of them. But this was completely different. It warmed my heart to see her hard work pay off.

Sent: Dinner tonight @7:30?

Penelope went from protecting her heart and shying away to truly allowing her walls to come down. Starting with the cell phone and communicating. By answering my calls, responding to my messages, and even asking if I had eaten throughout my day. In the last week alone, we had two nightcaps together. With no distractions or interruptions.

Where we started last week, isn't where we'll be by the end of this week. Tremendous growth.

Barbie🩷: Okay? I need to dress up? Or it's casual?

Sent: Dress up ma. No panties either.

Barbie🩷: boyyyy byeee, but ok 🥹

Laughing at her response, I reacted to it before stepping from behind the desk. I gave my goodbyes to Mr. Terry for now, before heading upstairs. I had some shit to get done. Like making a last-minute phone call at Chops & Lobster Bar for an evening table.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

"I think it's time we call a truce. Cause damn." Came from Jessy.

"Exactly. I came ova' to spend time with ya' ass and you getting ready to go. Again." Khadi co-signed with.

As my two best friends made their arguments, I stood on the second floor inside my closet with three pieces in front of me. All gorgeous, all "night out" dresses, but certain pieces are definitely sexier than others. Heels were clearly on the menu of tonight's ensemble and my bone-straight hair was now crimped for the special occasion.

While Ka'Dafii texted me with only four hours to spare — I was pulling the look together pretty easily, fairly quickly. 

Making a stop by Chic-Fil-A, I made it to midtown only a little before three o'clock. Where I came home to eat and spend the first hour picking out shoes and outfits.

Now, at 6:45, after a long freshen up which consisted of soaking in my Flower Bath, my feminine routine, and exfoliating. I finished up with cocoa butter on my skin, sugar scrub on my lips, and Tobacco Vanille perfume on my wrist and the top of my chest. Now, I was dressed in simply a lace bra and my robe. No panties.

"Look, ladies. I apologize that at one point in time, I was a couch potato — available at y'all's beck and call. But now? I's a woman," I announced to them in a playful tone as I picked up the multicolored halter-neck dress. "A woman, a lady, but most importantly — I'm going on a date."