HiMERU was born to be alone

HiMERU hadn't been mad when he realised no name would be appearing on his wrist. It just meant he was made to be alone. HiMERU didn't really mind that, he could do just fine without a soulmate. He could be alone. It wasn't a problem. 

Until he met Crazy:B.

Until he met Rinne. 

But of course, like everyone else. Rinne had a soulmate. Rinne never told them what her name was. But he knew she existed somewhere. HiMERU hoped deep down that Rinne never met her, HiMERU wasn't one to show emotion often, but he knew if he saw Rinne with a girl, he would want to punch him more than he already did. Was it because HiMERU wanted him? Or was he finally jealous of people who had someone they could be open with. 

HiMERU hadn't had that since his brother.

"Hey HiMERU can we talk?" Rinne asked him one day. "What is it?" HiMERU responded. He was halfway though work, of course Rinne had to talk to him now of all times. "What's your soulmate like?" Ah. HiMERU had never told them, he rolled up his sleeve showing Rinne his blank wrist. "HiMERU does not have a soulmate." HiMERU sighed seeing Rinne grin. This was why HiMERU had kept quiet about it, he knew that Rinne would make it a big deal. "Aw Merumeru." It was like he felt bad for HiMERU, which he hated. "HiMERU doesn't think it's a big deal. HiMERU doesn't need a soulmate."

Rinne simply hummed, but his grin didn't fade, making HiMERU nervous. Why couldn't he predict what Rinne was planning. He normally could. Rinne and HiMERU made eye contact and before HiMERU could ask what exactly that look meant, Rinne was kissing him. For a moment HiMERU allowed himself to lean into the kiss but then he moved away. "Amagi." He said sternly, while his leader simply grinned. "Yes Merumeru?" 
"What exactly was that about?" 

"You don't have a soulmate, I don't like mine. We should be together." Rinne was still grinning. Why had HiMERU not kicked him out yet? Or at least punched him. "You don't like your soulmate?" HiMERU found himself asking- he didn't even think that was possible. Could someone really hate the person they were destined to be with. "Na, she's not my type- and she's just really annoying." 

HiMERU didn't respond. He didn't know how to react. "You're wondering what my type is aren't you?" HiMERU nodded, since when was Rinne able to read him. HiMERU was a closed book, no one knew anything about him for a reason. "Well, he has blue hair. He talks like a robot sometimes, and he has way to many hats for his own good.. Like seriously." HiMERU frowned, collecting hats was a better hobby then gambling all his savings away. "You're messing with HiMERU." He said.

"Man you always think I'm messing with you Meru. Can't you just believe me for once?" HiMERU shook his head. "Can you be serious for once?" Rinne pouts. "I'm serious sometimes." When HiMERU simply stared at him instead of responding he just gave up. "Fine, I'll go be with her then." As he went to leave HiMERU stood up so suddenly it surprised himself. He grabbed Rinne's wrist, causing the other idol to turn back with that same stupid grin. "Something wrong HiMERU?"

"HiMERU was meant to be alone." He said, causing Rinne to look bad for him again. God HiMERU wished he could wipe that expression on his face. "HiMERU was born to be alone." Where was he going with this? "You can't just kiss HiMERU then leave." Right. That. "Don't tell HiMERU you could be with a girl instead." Rinne's smile became softer, now this was a side to Rinne that HiMERU didn't often get to see. "You don't have to be alone Merumeru." Rinne promised, HiMERU finally let go of his wrist. "Then why does HiMERU not have a soulmate?"  

"Maybe, life wanted to to make your own choices. Maybe you can chose who you'd want to be with." In that case, HiMERU wondered why he had chosen Rinne. Why had he fallen for their leader who seemed to do nothing more than annoy everyone. "HiMERU doubts that." 
"You always doubt me."
"You're always wrong."

They glared at each other for a moment before HiMERU decided he was okay with losing. "Sometimes HiMERU wonders why you're in charge." Rinne shrugged. "I wonder that too. But- it means I can boss you around." HiMERU frowned. "You don't boss HiMERU around, no one does." If HiMERU saw Rinne grin one more time he would finally give up and punch him. "Really?" He raised an eyebrow. "Kiss me." 

HiMERU really didn't want to follow Rinne's orders.. But he was given a chance to not be alone. He was given a chance to chose someone he wanted to be with. If Rinne left him one day HiMERU would be really pissed off. However, in that moment he gave in. He pressed his lips against Rinne's. The kiss was a lot longer than the first. Rinne made sure of that, he held HiMERU close, guiding him. HiMERU was thankful for that- he had no idea how to kiss someone. 

"Amagi." HiMERU managed while he was trying to remember how to breath. "Rinne..." He added when the other didn't respond. "Hm?" HiMERU hated how open he was, how quickly he let his guard down when Rinne was touching him. "Teach HiMERU how to not be alone." Rinne's smile lit up the whole room. HiMERU was surprised he wasn't blinded. "I've got you Merumeru." He promised.

HiMERU relaxed in Rinne's hold, he let go. He knew that when they were alone he could trust Rinne. He'd take that risk, HiMERU could open up to Rinne.