"I guess I'll have to trust your word then. Also, why didn't your grandparents come anyway, not that I'm complaining? Those old farts would probably get along with these folks and they're donating money here too. Shouldn't they be here?" Adrien questioned.

   "As I said, my grandparents do not like anyone who they see as lesser than them. So, they sent us to represent them," Marinette explained.

   "Wow, how professional," Adrien sarcastically tutted. He had to roll his eyes at the absurdity of Marinette's grandparents. It would've looked better on the Chengs if they showed up instead of sending them to do all the dirty work.

   Adrien supposed the good thing about them not being here was—well, them not being here. They still had to be careful since they were being watched. So, they had to be on their best behavior for good news only to report.

"Adrien and Marinette, it is time to go in," Sabine called. Marinette and Adrien followed the older woman deeper into the building.

Adrien looked around the hallway and glanced at passersby. Truth be told, Adrien had been in an old folks home once before.

He had been in choir class and they performed a few songs at this exact nursing home. He stood in the way back and obviously didn't participate in singing (it being uncool). The chances of them remembering him after two years were very little (or they weren't around at all anymore).

To be honest, the blonde didn't think he would ever return.

Sabine approached a set of double doors and opened one of them. Adrien peeked inside, seeing a large room with recliners, chairs and small tables with board games, shuffleboard, shelves with different activities, and a TV playing a Western movie.

"The thrill of a lifetime," Adrien thought, unenthused.

"Hello, Abigail!" Sabine greeted, approaching an elderly woman knitting a scarf, "It has been a while since I have seen you come to the bakery!" The two ladies started talking and it seemed that the conversation was far from over.

   "You know her?" Adrien questioned Marinette.

   "Indeed! Mrs. Reese was one of our constant patrons. She came to the bakery every Saturday morning after moving to Paris from the United Kingdom. We were the first people to give her a warm welcome after a not-so-pleasant start here in the city," Marinette explained.

   She tugged on Adrien's arm, warranting the boy to follow Marinette.

   "Come now, suitor. Let us acquaint ourselves with the others."

"Let's just get this over this," Adrien encouraged himself even while adding, "It's going to be a long day."

{+}{+}{+}

"Really?! Then what happened?" Adrien asked, completely enamored. He had somehow started conversing with an old guy, Knox. He was telling stories about when he was in a motorcycle gang, The Bloody Thorns.

"I punched that grease monkey so hard that he skidded to the other side of the table. He bled so much that he had to go to the hospital. That's why they called me Crimson," Knox said proudly, "If another gang messed with my gang's bar, they'd have to put up one heck of a tussle."

"Cool," Adrien said, starstruck, "When did you leave the gang?"

"About my mid-twenties," Knox answered, earning a surprised response from Adrien.

"Really? How come?" the blonde asked. Adrien knew that most gang members would stay until their early thirties.

"I had met a gal unlike no other. She knew how to rev my engines if you know what I mean," Knox chuckled, "Once I knew she was the one, I had to leave my gang days behind me and get a job."