60. Similar Trauma

Start from the beginning

Vivek: I understand bete. As a parent you have a responsibility to keep an eye on the people your kids are associating with and of course Abhi is very young and that's why you are more concerned. And you have a valid reason to be concerned.

Aditi: Hmm. And you know what Abhi ko jaise sunna padta hai uske Papa kahan hain, kyun nahi hain yeh saare questions...Pihu ko bhi bohot kuch sunna hoga. Main jo aise baithke judge kar rahi hoon aise hi baaki log bhi karenge Papa.

Vivek: Bohot log judge karke tumhari tarah analyse bhi nahi karenge aur usse dur chale jayenge.

Aditi: And you know how Abhi is. Kitna sensitive hai.

Vivek: Uspe kam toh beeti nahi hai. Dekho tum jo thik samjho. Tumhe maine kabhi roka nahi kisi bhi cheez ke liye. Apne decisions khud liye hai tumne. Abhi tumhara beta hai jo tum thik samjho.

Aditi let out a hollow laugh as her father again started being diplomatic.

A little later,

Aditi: Yeh jo karne ki koshish kar rahe ho na Papa aap sab samajh rahi hoon.

Vivek: Hein? Maine kya kiya?

Aditi: Priya ko yahan lana kyunki aapko lagta hai uska aur mera trauma similar hai and that's why we should, you know, talk. Isko Shared Trauma Bonding bolte hain.

Vivek: Mujhe itna sab nahi pata beta. Mujhe laga unhe achha lagega isliye maine bulaya. Ab tum jo achha samjho. (Caressing her head) Late ho raha hai. Office bhi jana hai tumhe so jao jaake. Baaki ka overthink kal kar lena. Main bhi chala sone.

Aditi rolled her eyes listening to him and stood up to go to her room.

Aditi: Thik hai jao. Good night. Hope you have a nice beauty sleep.

Vivek(letting out a laugh): Good night.

Aditi smiled at her father and went upstairs.
. . . . . . . . . . .

On their journey towards home, Pihu sniffled for almost 20 minutes and after that she fell asleep feeling tired in Priya's arms. It was heartbreaking for Ram and Priya both to see her cry like that. Although they didn't know exactly how to handle her.

It was getting tougher for Priya to handle Pihu because she's in a whole different environment right now than she was before. She had started feeling tired of running behind her all day. Maybe it was also because she was growing up. It's already tedious to tackle Toddler she knew and maybe these other factors were making it harder.

Priya looked at Ram once and then started staring outside the window.

"I'm sorry Pihu. Meri galat decision ki wajah se tumhe bhugatna pad raha hai. Main samajh rahi hoon tumhe akela feel hota hoga uss ghar mein. Aaj sab kuch thik hota toh shayad tumhare paas ek choti Behen ya Bhai hota.", Priya thought, caressing Pihu's hair.

"Pihu aise roti hai toh bilkul achha nahi lagta mujhe. Priya ka bhi mood off ho jata hai. Rote rote so gayi bechari. Achha hota uske saath koi chota hota toh company dene ke liye. Priya se baat karoon kya? Nahi nahi mar padegi tujhe Ram!", Ram thought and glanced over his girls.

Priya also fell asleep when they were about to reach home. Ram stopped the car at the parking lot and got out of the car. Carefully opening the passenger door, he took Pihu in his arms. The moment Priya sensed Pihu was not there, her eyes opened instantly. She looked around her being a little confused.

Ram(forwarding his right hand): Ghar aa gaya Priya. Aao.

Priya held his hand and got out of the car.

Priya(yawning): Main kab so gayi pata hi nahi chala.

Ram: Zyada nahi. Bass 15 minutes hi huye honge.