/Back to Hexside\6/Augustus POV\

Gus woke up to his father opening the door, "Hey bud time to get up for school." His father said then shut the door. Gus woke up dimly smoothing his hair down. Ughhhhh I'm so tired...such an excruciatingly long weekend. Gus slid off his bed and began to stagger toward his closet. Looking through it, he pulled out his uniform with the cape. He glanced over at Emille who was still sleeping quietly in her little bed. He sighed and began to change into his uniform. He threw his pajamas in the dirty basket and walked over to his palisman and tapped on her, waking her up as she glanced around, "Good morning sleepyhead." Gus smiled softly and scooping up his palisman. She cooed softly as Gus walked toward his bathroom and arrived at his sink and grabbed his toothbrush. He wet it and brushed his teeth when he realized he hadn't even ate breakfast so why was he brushing his teeth. Oh for titan's sake. Why.

Gus began down the stairs and he grabbed some breakfast off the counter as his father had already left for work. Like always. I just want change not the same routine over and over. Maybe I'll find love like Amity and Luz, ehh probably not. He walked out the door and began to fly on his palisman. The cold morning air felt soothing on his skin. He examined the ground below him, then he saw Matt walking with some little kid to the elementary bus stop. Huh I never met his sister, maybe I should. He figured that was the explanation. He flew down toward him while he waved at his sister leaving, "Hey idiot, what are you doing? Coming to flaunt that you can fly and I can't?" Matt exhaled he walked with his hands behind his head. Gus hovered and drifted next to him, "Nah wasn't really planning on it. I was gonna fly you to school but I guess you don't want that." Matt looked at Gus and put his hands down. He slowly walked toward Gus's staff and used Gus' hand to lift himself on it, "Alright Matt stand steady and balance on the front." He wrapped his arms around Matt's torso as they slowly lifted higher in the air. Matt squeezed Gus' hand as he trembled. Gus noticed and held him closer, closing his trembling body in a warm embrace.

"Gus?" Matt said finally opening his eyes. Gus looked at him with curiosity, "Mhm?" Gus looked around and then realized that he was holding Matt and pulled away, nearly falling himself. He sighed, "I was thinking of joining Boscha's grudgby team. But I can't fly so...I'll need your help with that." Matt blushed slightly and sat down. Huh, intriguing. Is he actually going to do that? I guess I could but all he needs is to not be afraid of heights. Gus nodded his head as they landed in front of the school. Willow and Luz we're talking on the stairs while Amity watched, talking as well. Gus began to run towards them as Matt fell off the staff, "Ow." Gus turned around and stuck his hand out helping him up while he brushed himself off, Amity, Willow, and Luz all looked at each other with smirks.

The bell screamed and kids spilled into their respective places. Gus walked down the full halls and toward the Illusions home room, he saw Matt talking with Boscha, Skara, and some other girl he never learned the name of. Gus sighed and stepped into the room as the teacher had just given out their books. Gus slid over to his desk and saw as 3 more students crept in. He didn't get to see Matt until evening class. It was gonna be a long day.

Lunch crept faster then he intended, and the classes spilled into the halls swiftly but definitely not quietly. He subconsciously searched the hallways for Matt and spotted him with his hood up, holding his books tightly avoiding people then slipped off into the males locker room. Not suspicious at all. Gus squinted and then ran over to Willow who was walking with Amity, "Hey guys I'm gonna go check in Matt. He's being oddly suspicious." Amity rolled her eyes, "Yeah go to your boyfriend. What do you see in him?" Gus blushed and then got defensive, "I-I uh...he's not my boyfriend a-and I don't even have a crush on him!" Willow laughed as Amity smiled, "He sure as Titan likes you, ehhh but I don't know men. I'll be eating." Amity pushed and held the door open for her and Willow as they walked into the cafeteria, leaving Gus in the almost empty hallway. Gus sighed and walked towards the men's locker room.