Chapter 2

Callie POV:

Ten minutes later we arrived at Joe's. The rest of us were already there. I took a seat next to Mark and Christina who was already drinking her third tequila shot.

"Where's Robbins?" I heard Alex asking Teddy.
"I don't know, she said she may come but I didn't see her since lunch"

'Ugh of course, that's exactly what I need right now' I thought to myself.
I managed to avoid her the whole day. I didn't see her once and for that I'm glad. I don't want to see her even though I know that one day we will have to interact with each other again. I decided to order a double shot of Tequila. Mark looked at me a bit confused.
"What's up, you never drink Tequila'  Mark asked.
"Do you have a problem with that?" I replied harshly. Mark's eyes widened in shock.
"Sorry. Just had a rough day" I apologized.
"Is it because of her?"

He didn't have to say her name. I knew immediately who he meant.
When I didn't give him a answer, he took my hand and led me to the bathroom where we could talk alone.
"Why does it bother you so much that she is back?" Mark asked after a minute of silence.
"Are you serious? You are asking me why it bothers me so much that my ex-girlfriend who broke my heart three years ago is now back at my working place." I raised my voice.

"Will it change anything between us? Her being back I mean"  I could hear the insecurity in his voice
"What? No! I love you. I am over her. It's been three years. You are my forever now. I just don't want to see her. I put my hand to his cheek and stroked it slightly. "I love you" I whispered while giving him a long soft kiss.
"I love you too"  but I could tell that he wasn't convinced. Deciding to let it go for now, we made our way back to the others.
Luckily, I didn't see Arizona there.

"Okay yeah, thanks for calling" I heard Teddy saying on her phone
"That was Arizona. She said she won't make it. She is stuck in surgery"
"That's too bad. I would have loved to see Drunk-Robbins again"  Christina said while drowning her sixth shot.
I felt myself relax for the first time since being here.

"You wanna dance?" Mark asked with a big grin on his face. Without saying anything. I grabbed his outstretched hand and followed him to the dance floor. His arms were around my waist and I laid my arms around his neck. Being so close to him always make me feel calm and safe. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and laid my head on his shoulder. After the song ended we stayed in our position for a few more minutes.

We made our way back to the table where our friends were already waiting for us. "You two looked very cozy over there. With all the eye sex, I thought you two might give us a show on your own" Alex said. I could tell he was already drunk.
"Shut up, Karev" I rolled my eyes

It was past midnight, so Mark and I decided to head home to get some much needed sleep. When we arrived home, I brushed my teeth, put on my pyjama and laid beside Mark. I cuddled into him instantly.
"want some sexy time before we go to sleep?" I heard Mark asking with a seducing voice.
"I am tired Mark and we have to get up early"
"What's up with you, you never say no to sex" I could tell he was a bit disapppointed.
"I am not in the mood Mark. Let's just get some sleep" I closed my eyes and turned around so my back was facing him. I heard him let out a sigh but decided to ignore it.

After a few minutes I felt myself drifting off to sleep thinking about the next day.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:

I am sorry you had to wait so long. With work and everything inbetween it's very stressful.
I will try my best to update soon.

Let me know what you think.