Ratatosk's Whispers

Zacznij od początku

"What should we do, should we try asking her for directions again?"wondered Paimon only to squeak as Xiao grabbed her ear roughly from behind with a free hand. His sharp hawk-like gaze spotted the incense burner instantly by the mediating scholar. "Eek!! Let go of Paimon's ear!"

"Shut it! We shouldn't be in here."Xiao hissed.

"She's busy anyways, we shouldn't bother her."sighed Lumine. Wait, why was her head starting to hurt and why was she starting to feel funny? It was like back when she was at the statue in Inazuma or was she already suffering a rebound of her seal? But it felt bizarre and almost numb. Her already sensitive nose picked up on the smell of incense burning as Xiao was scolding Paimon harshly. Paimon didn't seem affected by the incense at all but Xiao had his nose covered this entire time, desperate to not breathe it in. "ugh...Uh oh..."

"Lumine? Are you alright? You don't look so good."asked Paimon in worry.

"T-This smell...Something n-not right...!"groaned Lumine as she began to sway. It was beginning to become a struggle to see clearly as her heart pounded in her ears. Xiao's eyes grew wide in dismay as he realized.

"Wait, the smell is making you sick? Is your morning sickness acting up again? Cause Paimon doesn't feel anything."gasped the silver haired fairy in shock. Lumine seemed to be in a daze as she shot a warning and pleading look at Xiao. "Get me out of here."she thought, unable to speak. Xiao's surprise grew as he had actually heard Lumine's voice in his head this time as he bolted forward as she began to fall, catching her in his arms. Xiao wasting on time getting out of the cave, cradling her close. Poor Paimon in a panic as two figures raced towards them as darkness claimed her.

 Poor Paimon in a panic as two figures raced towards them as darkness claimed her

"W-Where am I?"

Lumine slowly and cautiously got to her feet at the sight of the strange area. Judging by the red sky this was during the Khaenri'ah Cataclysm. But the most impressive sight was the massive irminsul tree glowing brightly at the center of the canyon. By the flora and landscape she was still in Sumeru as she carefully made her way closer. What she hadn't counted on was the sounds of scared whimpers. Growing curious she went over to the bush carefully parting its branches to reveal what was hiding. Huddling together shaking like leaves were two tiny adeptus wolf pups with wings like a baby bird.

"Hey it's ok, are you scared? It's alright."she soothed trying to coax them out. She wasn't sure why but she felt this desire to ensure the tiny pups were safe and ok. One was pale with honey amber eyes with cat-like pupils and the other black as burning coal looking like it had stepped out of a fire due to its colors. Their ears perked at spotting her and on wobbly legs crawled over, nuzzling and licking her outstretched hand. Happy almost relieved whines and yips as their wispy tails wagged. Lumine giggling in delight as she ran her hands through soft baby down fur. Why did looking at these two puppies make her feel so delighted and protective? Whatever the reason she needed to investigate.

"See? Nothing to be scared of. The sky is scary right now but the tree is nothing to fear."she soothed, carefully scooping the two pups into her arms. The black pup was clearly restless and squirmy while the pale one was more nervous, yet curiosity shined in its eyes. But both pups relaxed in her arms with their ears perked and tails alert as they crossed across the massive tree root. "Aru?"