Temple of Pervases

Start from the beginning

"And the baby too?"Lumine's smile only grew as she giggled offering a nod.

"The baby too."Lumine assured. The news earned a soft purr while Paimon as usual watched in disgust as the couple once again kissed. After their argument and making up, it seemed these two had only become closer. Actually, Lumine also noticed this as Xiao never remained away for long nor wandered far...Or as Paimon put it he seemed to be clingy. Lumine frowned as she moved away to look around, stopping at the dusty statue of the egret yaksha, resting her hand along its cold stone surface.

"What Paimon can't understand is there's a temple and a statue here too, so why hasn't anybody come here to maintain it?"the fairy wondered. Xiao, not far away, offered a sigh as he crossed his arms.

"It's sad, but perhaps this place has been forgotten."sighed Lumine, running her hand along the stone feathers.

"Oh no, please don't cry again, Lumine!"squeaked Paimon, seeing Lumine's swift change in demeanor. From what little she had heard from Xiao and from her own encounter with Pervases's spirit the yaksha had been a gentle and calm soul. It greatly saddened Lumine and with her emotions so unstable she could feel tears threatening to fall. But just as fast she felt a gauntlet gloved hand wipe away those threatening tears. Those same strong, kind hands soon held her close from behind. "Shh...it's alright, Pervases wouldn't want your tears."came his soft whisper in her ear. However a sudden cry caught the trio's attention.

"Help! Help me!"

"Huh? Did you hear that just now?"wondered Paimon.

"There."Xiao's sharp gaze soon spotted what seemed to be a civilian and a couple of hillichurls, "Somebody's calling for help."

"We should hurry and go help."Lumine moved to dash forward and summon her sword but only for Xiao to block her, the look in his eyes firm. "Xiao?"

"Don't confront them and keep your distance. I'll handle this."Xiao swiftly vanished in a dark mist, not leaving any room for argument.

"But — Ok, fine..."she sighed with a pout. Forced to watch as Xiao handled the matter rather swiftly. As much as she hated it Xiao had a point, as terrible as he was sometimes voicing it. He was just looking out for her and this unborn child's safety. "My body's too unstable right now, Xiao's right...one false move or jolt could seriously harm me and the baby..."she thought with a defeated sigh crossing her arms.

"You can come over here now, Lumine."Lumine looked over down the path where Xiao stood in front of the lone man. Neat short ebony black hair and the usual Liyuelite style clothing in shades of black and green with bits of tans and browns. The man's surprise at seeing Lumine as she carefully approached.

"...Y-Your the the esteemed Lady Lumine, the illuminated bride and the traveler!"he grinned in greeting, being mindful not to make any sudden movements that would distress Xiao beside him. He then offered a smile in greeting, "...What are the odds that it would be you both? We meet again."

"Again?"

"You know us?"

Lumine's gaze turned to the noh mask at his belt and instantly she realized who this man was. Turning her honey amber eyes to Xiao, who gave a soft nod in confirmation that this was indeed "Starsnatcher" from last year. Instantly Lumine began to glare hands on her hips. "It's you!"she hissed. "You're the damn con artist that caused all that trouble for my husband last year!"

"What!? I-I...Please don't bring that up Lady Traveler, not in front of the adeptus..."pleaded the man.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?"Paimon huffed.

"I'm Wang Ping'an."Wang introduced nervously.

"Aka the fool that played with fire and Lumine beat black and blue for it."sighed Xiao.