Everyone cheers and Y/n smiles.

"And 5StarY/n defeats DougDoug with a brutal score of 2 to 0. She's gonna be advancing to the quarterfinals tomorrow." The announcer says.

"That's my girl." I say.

"Doug didn't stand a chance." Griffin mumbles.

"Next up, we have Callieissleeping from Sweden versus Charlie Angelo from Canada." He says.

Time Skip

Y/n's phone rings and she answers it

"Hello." Y/n says.

"How did you get my number?" Y/n asks.

"I don't wanna-" Y/n says.

Y/n's phone falls out of her hand and cracks.

"You okay?" I ask.

I've never seen her like this, almost paralyzed with fear.

Y/n starts crying and I hug her.

"Baby, what happened?" I ask.

"Y/n, talk to me." I say as she stares at me.

"My dad died in a car crash." Y/n says.

I know Y/n's relationship with her dad is really bad. She said her mom was the peacemaker and everything fell apart after her death. Y/n left Finland for a new start and her dad got mad for leaving them after her mom's funeral. Her dad said that if she left Finland he would never talk to her again, and he did just that.

"I think my mom was the only person who loved me. I was the black sheep of the family. Always have been." Y/n says.

She starts breathing heavily and sits down.

"Baby, breathe." I say rubbing her back.

"You're gonna be okay." I say.

"Fuck." Y/n mumbles.

Time Skip

"Baby, you wanna eat something?" I ask

Y/n shakes her head and I sigh.

"Can you come with me? Back home?" Y/n asks.

"Of course, baby." I say rubbing her back.

"The funeral is in 2 days. I can't finish the tournament." Y/n says.

"I don't think they would expect you to." I say.

"Is he being buried next to your mom?" I ask.

"No. My sister told me he bought two plots. The other one is for his wife." Y/n says.

"That dick was probably cheating on her. They got married 3 weeks after she died." Y/n says.

"Don't call him that." I say.

"Well, I'm not gonna call him my dad. He was everything but that." Y/n says.

"I'm only going to this funeral because I haven't been to my mom's grave in 8 years." Y/n says.

"You're telling me you didn't love your father enough to go to his funeral?" I ask.

Y/n stares at me and sighs.

"I just feel like I did something wrong. For 15 years we were good and then it was like a switch flipped. He just started being a dick to me when my mom wasn't looking. Taking my brother to get ice cream and forgetting me. We're twins, how to do forget the other?!" She says.

"I just wanted him to love me like he loved them. Then my mom died and no one loved me." She says.

Tears fill her eyes and I hug her.

"It doesn't matter anymore, you know why? Because I love you." I say.

She smiles and I kiss her.

"I love you too." She says.

920 Words