prologue

People seem to forget that the old deities still lived to this day. They once had power that bent the very earth and existence itself, but they could only watch as their People were forced to forget their culture, their language, and their religion as those who rejected the invaders' teachings were tortured and massacred.

The deities have lost the only connection they have to the world and thus, have lost their power, for who else would they have power over if not their People. They have since then remained hidden from society for their own safety.

Some of these spirits felt betrayal, while some had faith that the humans they once served and served them in turn would learn their teachings and recognize them once again.

Then the People have declared independence, but it was too late. The invaders have carved so deep into their hearts and burned most of their heritage into ash that they, while having salvaged some of them, did not remember the origins of the teachings passed onto them.

The spirits were heartbroken. Once omniscient but now forced into formless entities, they have broken into factions: those who wish to harm humans, and those who want nothing to do with humans.

But there are also those who wish to reform the humans like the invaders did, to force their teachings and punish those who reject it until it is ingrained into their minds. After all, there seemed to be no other way to bring back the power they once had.

Many of them didn't wish to see that destruction again. They've accepted that the humans won't be able to recognize them again, and so they've remained for hundreds of years suffering with souls that were barely hollow.

Not her.

She knew there was a way for their People to be taught once again without harming anyone.

If only her fellow spirits took her seriously. Instead, she was casted out of her home for her naive, foolish thoughts.

She roamed the regions for decades, leeching off the magic from places she traveled. Not all of it though, for how else would the forests bloom and thrive if not for the blessings her brothers and sisters have bestowed upon them.

She would occassionally find lost spirits who have blended with the People, and like her, were feeling lost and incomplete only to find direction again as she told her wishes. They badly wanted it to happen that they have melded their magic from their very souls with hers, for their lives were all they had to offer to make sure she will succeed.

She couldn't stop them, not when they have put all their trust into her. She will not betray that trust.

And so she roamed the regions, with the wind guiding the rather inconsequential form she had gained from all her time gathering energy for her dreams, all alone once again.

Or so she thought.