Moments with her

They say that, once in a lifetime, you have this one moment where you flash back to all the important memories and happenings from your time on this earth. They say it's before you die. Just the moment before you let yourself drift away into the darkness. The last bit of air you breathe in. A sigh. A tear. A cry of happiness... or sadness... depends on the way you die. The last moment you have in your life, thinking about all the moments that formed you into the person you are right now.

But for me it wasn't like that. My moment of re-evaluating my life came so soon and unexpected and not at all close to my death bed, that it caught me off guard. It happened in my hotel room, far away from home, far away from all the people who are close to my heart. And it more exactly happened while staring at the black screen of my phone. Not technically the first thing that pops into your mind when you think about flash backs and death beds. But it still happened. Right there, in that particular hotel room in LA, after my girlfriend hung up on me, telling me she had enough.

...

'So can I leave now?' Is the first thing she says when I meet her backstage. The first time I hear her voice. The first time I notice the wildness of her hair and all the things hidden in her eyes. I cannot help but frown at her determination. This was not exactly how I imagined a fan reacting after I let the bodyguards help her out of the crowd and bring her backstage because she was literally being crushed against the fences. 'You want to leave?' It's like I need a confirmation from her, that's how much I did not expect a reaction like this. 'Of course! I'm not going back in there.' She replies, giving me a weird look like she's thinking I'm insane. 'I just wanted to enjoy the music. But turns out those fans didn't really come for the music. They scream above it all the time. Turns me nuts.' She rolls her eyes in frustration and I cannot help the chuckle leaving my lips. 'Well, that's something I haven't heard before.' I smile at her, wondering if her smile is just as pretty as her eyes. 'You actually came for the music and not for us.' My sarcastic tone brings the corners of her mouth to go slightly upwards. And it's then I realize I need to take my chance here before it's too late. 'Hey. If you just wait for half an hour, I'm done with the show and if you like, I can give you a whole talk through the new album. No fans. Just you and me. And the music.' I can see her eyes go into a frown, like she doesn't trust this part, but before I can assure her that I'm not joking and that I really, really want to get to know her better because she is different from all the other girls I met before, the same determination is visible in her eyes. 'Fine with me.' She nods, agreeing to my proposition. 'Half an hour. I'll wait.'

...

Her eyes widen and her jaw drops when she sees the view I have most of the nights. 'This is incredible, Harry.' She breaths out in shock when she takes in all the stars above us and the enormous stadium in front of her. 'How do you even do that? Just standing here makes my heart pound like crazy. How are you able to do this in front of so many people?' Her voice echoes in the stadium. My feet follow her to where she stands, on the very edge of the catwalk,  and when I reach her I lay my arm around her shoulder, making it look like it's us against the world. 'I want to say you get used to it. But that's not the case really.' I say while staring into infinity it seems. 'I think it's just all about remembering where you came from. That's what keeps me grounded. That's what keeps me going.' I feel her look up at me and when I look down at her I catch her smile and the twinkle in her eyes I learned to love  so much. 'You're a good person, Haz.' She says while resting her head gently on my shoulder. And I could not feel more happy in that moment.

...

'Of all the people it has to be you.' She rolls her eyes like she always does. I wonder if she realizes how much she does it. It's one of the things that drives me insane about her. 'You have no idea how much I agree.' I mumble while dialling Louis' number on my phone. It didn't take me long to inform him about the situation we were in. Somehow we both ended up being stuck in the same elevator. And since we don't like each other's company that much the past few weeks, it wasn't something we both really enjoyed. 'Seems like you two have some time to sort your things out, don't you?' Louis answers with a smirk on his face, I just can hear it by the tone when he hangs up and it only assures me that there is no way we are getting out of here without talking about this feud between us.