"What's the next step ?" - she asked. I took a deep breath before saying : "well, we definitely have to talk". Catherine looked concerned, she knew it wasn't going to be good just as much as I knew. But, none of us expected the outcome of that confrontation.

••

Harry and I decided to meet somewhere between his apartment and mine at Kensington palace, we were both very tense and it looked like each one of us wanted to loudly shout at the other.. but we were trying to keep it together as much as possible.

Finally after moments of staring at each other, we both spoke up at the same time, saying the same sentence.. "you've got some explaining to do". "Seriously, me ?" - I replied. "Yes you William, how dare you believe that Meghan would bully staff or spread rumors ? You've been supportive of both these theories since they first arose, why do you hate her so much and why do you want to ruin her image so much ?" - he responded.

"Because she's been so lovely Harry, that's why I absolutely adore her" - I said sarcastically. "Why are you saying it like that, it's the truth, Meghan is nothing but perfect" - he replied. I couldn't help but laugh at him before saying : "Yeah, a perfect person would lead 14 employees to leave their jobs because of their awful treatment & they would also pay their fans to accuse their brother in law of cheating on his wife".

I was expecting Harry to lose it after what I'd said, but I still never expected his response. He became extremely angry and then said : "it is much more believable that you'd cheat than it is for Meghan to be a bully.. you are the terrible person in this situation, not my wife at all", he paused to take a breath and then continued.. "it's funny how you're so offended when karma finally worked its way, you're the one who's been dreadful since the beginning and you've been trying to hide it - along with every other member of the family - Meghan did absolutely nothing & you did absolutely everything, you tosser".

Somehow I was able to stay composed, I just replied by saying : "you've clearly lost your mind Harry, there's proof for everything. We as a family did nothing but compromise to meet her never-ending needs... and her way of paying us back was by being insanely rude to us and our staff, and now she's taking it a step ahead by involving the public". "Nonsense, absolute nonsense.. you don't even have any proof for the bullying or that rumor and funding you're accusing her of" - he responded.

I was simply done by that point, I threw a paper at him given to me by the crisis management team, it stated that there was a transaction of money from Meghan to "Sussex Squad". After he looked at it, he was left with a very shocked and surprised expression, "finally, he's discovered his wife isn't an angel" - I thought to myself.

After this, I knew it was the perfect moment for me to leave. So, I went towards the door but before I could open it.. I was surprised to feel Harry's arms drag me by the collar of my shirt to the ground. I didn't have time to react before my brother stood above me and started putting pressure on my neck, in an attempt to suffocate me. When I fought against him, he thankfully stopped chocking me, but he used his now free hands to begin punching me in the face as he screamed : "SHE DID NOT F*CKING DO THAT WILLIAM, SHE IS F*CKING PERFECT".

At that moment, I knew I had to do something because if I didn't, I could have ended up dead at his hands that night. So, I grabbed him by his necklace and pushed him away from me.. letting him fall on the dog bowl at the other side of the room. Honestly I felt bad, because that was not me, I never laid my hands on anyone, but in this situation it was my only option.. running out of the room after doing so was my only option too, so that's what I did.

••

Meanwhile, Catherine was impatiently waiting for me at home. The more time that had passed, the more worried and anxious she became.. as I was approaching our front door, I wished I could have turned up okay just so I don't freak her out, but this unfortunately wasn't happening that day. I knocked & the moment she opened that door for me she yelled out : "bloody hell William, what happened to you ?!!", "I'm okay, I'm fine !" - I said. In reality I wasn't, I neither looked nor felt okay.. I had a black eye and my head was bleeding from the fall. A nurse was immediately called to our home and before I knew it, my head was wrapped in a bunch of adhesive bandages.

••

This day, and this incident.. was really the end of my relationship with my brother. Yeah, it had been strained for a good two years but still I had some feelings of love towards him.. that was until that day.

A couple of months later Harry and Meghan moved out of Kensington palace because it was that bad between us, it wasn't my fault though.. that's why I would have never been the one to leave my home.

It was very minimal contact between the two of us from that point.. Meghan gave birth and they had a child after the fallout, but I only saw that baby once or twice, because I didn't want to see the face of my brother nor his wife.

In January of the following year.. I wouldn't say the unexpected happened, because it was kind of expected. But.. the beginning of a new era of their abuse had begun & we simply weren't prepared for it, nothing could ever prepare you for that.