Sick Niall (louis) part 2

Începe de la început

"mmm hey why are you still up so late?" Harry asked, half asleep as I tried to get to my bunk as quietly as possible. "I woke up in the middle of the night, don't really know why" I replied tiredly. "Mhmm" Harry mumbled something I couldn't understand, he was asleep again.

I laid there for a while, just looking at the ceiling. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew it was morning and Niall was shaking me awake. "Come on lazy bones, time to get up" he said with a smile.

Unfortunately I felt even worse now, I had to run to the bathroom to throw up. Niall was waiting outside for me when I came out. "Are you alright?" he asked with a look of concern. "Uhm, yeah..."

"Erm how are you feeling?" I asked to change the subject. "Quite okay actually, my throat is still sore and I'm having headaches but otherwise I'm feeling much better, thank you...it's mostly because of you, thank you for taking care of me when I was sick" Niall told. "No problem, I'm just glad you're feeling better."

"Alright lads, we have to go to work now" Liam interrupted us. "Wait I haven't eaten yet-"

"No time for that, sorry bud, we're already late, grab a fruit or something to take eat it on the way" Liam said. "I'm really not that hungry," I said, truthfully. The mere thought of food was making me nauseous.

"Come on, let's go now before we're really late" Liam rushed and immediately after that we left for the studio where we were supposed to have a few interviews today.

Zayn's POV

"Nialler, you look a bit better today!" I said as soon as I saw him. "Yeah, I'm feeling much better now, Louis took good care of me" he smiled at me. "Indeed!"

"Speaking about him, he looks a bit pale, hope he's okay" I said as I glanced at Louis. Honestly he looked quite awful, like he hadn't slept for days. I decided to go check on him.

"Oi! Lou, are you feeling alright?" I asked him, noticing the worried look in his eyes. "Uhm, yeah I'm fine" he lied. I could tell he was trying to hide something from us. "The truth please"

He let out a sigh and said, "I'm just not feeling very well right now, but it's okay, I promise".

We all knew that he was lying, but we didn't push him any further. We just let him be and hoped that he would feel better soon.

As the day went on, I tried to keep an eye on Louis.

One of the managers came over and said, " Guys, I'm sorry to cut in, but your first interview will start in 5-10 minutes. Please be on time."

I saw that Louis was sitting on the couch with his head in his arms, and Liam beat me to asking, "Lou, are you alright?". "I'm fine, really!" Louis snapped.

We all filed out into the hallway and I could hear Louis muttering to himself. I felt bad for him, but there wasn't much I could do. We waited in the hallway for a few minutes before our interviewer, Mr. Jenkins, came out and told us to come in.

The interview was pretty standard - asking about our experience, what we were looking forward to in our job, that kind of thing. Near the end, Mr. Jenkins asked if we had any questions. But we all shook our heads.

I noticed that Louis was sweating, even though the room wasn't particularly warm. He looked pale and seemed quite off of this world.

"I think we should end this interview now," Harry said, noticing the way Louis looked.

We were just getting up from our chairs when I saw Louis struggling. He started to fall forward, but Niall and I caught him in time. "Whoa there" I said as I braced him and helped him sit back down. "I'm- I'm going to t-" Louis trailed off before vomiting all over the floor.

We all looked at each other, completely horrified. This was not good.

Liam's POV

I felt Louis's forehead and it was burning up, so I knew we needed to take his temperature. I asked Niall to go get the thermometer. "Is he going to be okay?" Harry asked, looking at Louis while trying to clean up the puke with a towel. "I don't know, I think he's just got a worse version of Niall's flu" I told him. 

"I- I- sorr- no" Louis trailed off, mumbling something incomprehensible. "Hey hey, Louis," I said as I noticed he was about to lose consciousness. "Please stay with us."

"How did it go from him being completely okay yesterday to this so fast?" Zayn thought out loud, before anyone could answer Niall came running in with the thermometer.

"41.0°C (105.8°F)" Niall announced with a shaky voice, looking as worried as the rest of us felt.

We all looked at Louis, who had his eyes closed and was shivering uncontrollably. "What do we do?" Zayn asked plaintively.

"I'm calling an ambulance, that's dangerously high fever" I told the boys.

"Is it my fault?" Niall inquired, to which Harry responded with surprise, "why would it be your fault Niall?" "I think I might have given him my cold," Niall said dejectedly. "Niall...it's not your fault, it's not like you decided to give it to Louis to make him feel like this."

"I just feel so bad, like I'm the one that made him sick." Niall said. "Don't worry Niall," I said comfortingly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We're all here for him, and we'll make sure he gets better."

The ambulance arrived quickly and the paramedics assessed Louis. "We're going to take you to the hospital, where you'll be treated for a high fever" one of them told Louis, who was barely even conscious.

Louis nodded weakly as they loaded him into the ambulance. The rest of us followed behind in Harry's car. We all sat in silence, not knowing what else to do but worry about our friend.

We arrived at the hospital and Louis was taken into a room. We were all waiting in the hallway when a doctor came out to talk to us. "Your friend is going to be okay, but he has a bad case of meningitis" she told us.

Meningitis? We had never heard of that before. The doctor explained that it was an infection of the brain and spinal cord, and that it could be fatal if not treated quickly.

"Wait, is it possible to get that from just the flu?" I asked the doctor.

"It's possible to get meningitis from any type of infection, including the flu" she replied. "But it's not very common."

"Is Louis awake yet? How are you gonna treat him, with medicine or surgery or?" Harry asked the doctor a bunch of questions. "Your friend is not unconscious anymore but he's asleep and we're going to be treating him with antibiotics, it can't cure it but usually meningitis goes away on its own by a few weeks as long as the body gets enough rest and is treated well." the doctor told us. "We should see an improvement in Louis's condition within the next few days."

Relief washed over us as we heard that. "When will we be able to see him?" Niall inquired. "You can see him now, but only for a few minutes" the doctor told us.

We all filed into Louis's hospital room and sat around his bed.

Third person POV

"Oh god darling, you scared me to death" Harry said as he took Louis's hand in his and kissed the top of it. Louis weakly smiled at his husband and squeezed his hand as he woke up a little. "Hey guys" he said with a hoarse voice, trying to keep a smile on his face.

"Hey Lou, how are you feeling?" Liam asked as he sat down next to Harry. "A bit groggy...I guess" Louis replied. "Yeah, the doctors said you'd feel pretty exhausted for a while and it'll take a few weeks for you to recover completely, but at least you will" Zayn explained.

A doctor came by shortly after that conversation to update Louis on what had happened and fill him in on the details of his recovery and treatment plan.

Louis was discharged from the hospital after 5 days.

The first few weeks were tough as he slowly regained his strength, but Louis was determined to get back to his old self.

After about a month and a few days, Louis finally felt like himself again and life returned to normal. The boys had agreed to postpone the tour to support Louis during his recovery time. Now they were all excited to be back on stage again.
——————————————————
Please DM if you have any requests <3 though requests will take time!!