8: 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙪𝙣𝙣𝙮

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to my boyfriend's house for Thanksgiving. I'm meeting his mom and sister."

I was adding clothes to the cart on Forever 21 when the words came out of Milan's mouth. Confused and also worried...I didn't know how to respond right away.

"You have a boyfriend? Does Viktor know this?"

"Yes, he said he'll come with me."

"So, you have a boyfriend for real?! What the hell, Milan?!"

"What? I was going to tell you, but it slipped my mind until now."

"You should've told me when it happened! When you started keeping secrets? You better not be having sex, Milan."

"I'm not! What is wrong with you?" I watched as she got comfortable under her covers, putting her Airpots in after my question. Milan was spoiled and because she was Viktor's only biological child, he didn't mind spoiling her. She was thirteen, but already he was talking about saving up for her first car. He's sent me pictures of a Model S Telsa because he "doesn't want his Babygirl strained because of gas or repairs". As if a Telsa can't break down.

She has a bedroom as big as his, a bathroom twice the size of his, and even though it's junky — Milan has the largest closet in the home. I can't complain, because within the last two years, due to positive investments and paid internships, I too have added fuel to her fire.

But a boyfriend? She was only in the ninth grade and because of that, I was trying to be there as much as possible. High School came with enough peer pressure as is. The last thing she needed was to be worried about nappy headed little boys.

"Nothing is wrong with me, but I need to know you're being smart." God, even your little sister got a man... something is wrong with you.

"Of course, Jacob was my best friend in middle school. It kinda just happened."

"Oh, I know Jacob."

"Duh, but you didn't give me the chance to explain before you started asking me about sex."

"I'm sorry, Milan," She was right, and even though I wasn't her parent, I didn't want her to think I was being overbearing. We had great communication and she's entering the age that could break that forever. "I just want you safe. It's high school and the girls are starting young. You're a pretty girl, I don't want anyone pushing up on you or making you think you need to do something to fit in. I want you to be careful. That's all."

My search had taken a turn, but the looks were completed. Midway, I realized I wanted this to be a surprise. So once I checked out, I'll just send her a screenshot of the email confirmation with the delivery information attached.

"I love you, PennyPooh."

"I love you too, Minnie. Now check your phone." I told her once I had the cart cleared and the confirmation in my email.

"Omg, you're so freaking sweet, Penelope! Thank you!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

𝗞𝗗

I knew someone was stepping behind me as I walked up the stairs of Dreamville. The footsteps neared as I unlocked my office. Before she could say anything, I caught a glimpse of Lelia behind me.

"What's up?" I asked her, tossing my phone and keys down on the desk. I didn't have any appointments today, but there was a bank run needing to be done. Which brought me to the shop to get the deposit bags. However, I wasn't stepping near the safe with a guest. The only people who knew of the location were Jessy and Kai. And how much Kai likes to play, I didn't even trust him with making the bank runs.