Chapter 2: Unexpected Connections

Diluc stood with a mix of curiosity and skepticism as he closed the door, ready to retreat back into the solace of his winery. But before he could fully turn away, the stranger's voice called out once more, breaking the silence that had settled upon the night.

"Wait! Are you Diluc by any chance? Crepus' son?" the stranger's voice carried a hint of urgency, as if pleading for Diluc's attention.

Diluc paused, his hand still on the doorknob, and turned to face the stranger once more. Confusion furrowed his brow, and his eyes narrowed with suspicion. How did this stranger know his name, let alone his connection to Crepus?

With a cautious yet resigned sigh, Diluc opened the door once again, his expression tinged with wariness. He cleared his throat, his voice steady yet guarded. "Yes, I am Diluc," he confirmed, his gaze fixed on the stranger before him. "And you claim to be Crepus' old childhood friend?"

The stranger nodded, a flicker of relief washing over their features. "Indeed, my name is Miles," they replied, their voice tinged with a mix of excitement and apprehension. "Crepus and I shared countless adventures together in our youth."

Diluc's eyes widened in surprise, his skepticism momentarily eclipsed by a glimmer of intrigue. His father had rarely spoken of his past, leaving Diluc with fragmented tales and unfulfilled curiosity. The mention of a childhood friend breathed life into the enigma that was Crepus Ragnvindr.

"You knew my father in his younger days?" Diluc's voice softened, a trace of vulnerability seeping into his words. "Tell me, what was he like back then?"

Miles' face brightened, as if transported to a time long gone. "Crepus was a charismatic and adventurous soul," they began, a hint of nostalgia coloring their voice. "He possessed an unwavering determination and a spirit that could ignite even the darkest corners. We journeyed through the lands, seeking knowledge and experiencing the wonders of Teyvat together."

Diluc listened intently, his heart yearning to bridge the gap between himself and the father he had lost. The stories that spilled from Miles' lips painted a vivid picture of a man he had only glimpsed through fragmented memories.

As the night grew deeper, the two found themselves engrossed in tales of a bygone era. Diluc's skepticism began to wane, replaced by a growing sense of connection. In Miles, he had found a link to a part of his father's life that had remained shrouded in mystery.

With the promise of further revelations and the shared bond of their connection to Crepus, Diluc and Miles forged an unlikely alliance. Their encounter held the potential to unravel long-held secrets, awaken dormant emotions, and reshape Diluc's perception of his own identity.