Chapter 1.4: Hunting

Mulai dari awal

I forgot that women during this time carry the role of a housewife, it would be confusing for a woman to take a bounty.

"No, I'm in the right spot, I came for a bounty poster."

The sheriff upon hearing this, sit up straight and looks at me. "Now why would such a fine lady be taking up the job of a sinner?"

He starts to stare at my clothes and my repeater. "I guess some folks go through desperate times, is that your husband's belongings?"

Is it so hard to believe that a woman is taking up a bounty? I have now been mistaken for a widow that is desperate for money.

I shouldn't stay here any longer, I'll just go along with it.

"Yes... now could I please have a bounty poster?"

He gets up from his chair, and offers his hand to me. "I am Sheriff Fredrick, but you can call me Fred, my lady."

Is he flirting? The nerve to flirt with a woman with the belief that they have recently been widowed, absolutely disgusting.

I keep a straight face and reluctantly shake his hand.

He hands me a poster. "Here, this one has a decent price and he isn't that dangerous, as far as we know, he isn't carrying any weapons on him, but keep your distance away from him, he has a large build and an even bigger temper."

I take the poster. "Thank you sheriff, I will leave now."

He goes back to his desk. "Farewell, and remember that if you need help with any other matters, I can lend you a hand."

I quickly leave the sheriff's office. "What is with everyone acting like animals at the sight of an attractive woman?"

"It seems like almost everything went well."

Ayanokouji was sitting near the general store, he gets up and mounts Priceless. "You can tell me while we're riding."

I mount Janus. "I got the bounty poster, though the sheriff kept flirting with me."

We start riding away from Python, we don't ride to camp because we have to hunt the outlaw.

"Flirting? He didn't even question your attire? Or the repeater that you're carrying?"

I shake my head. "No, he wrote it off as my imaginary husband's belongings, he thought that I was a widow desperate for money."

"He mistook you for a widow, and decided to flirt with you with that false belief in mind? Women had it hard back then huh?"

I sigh. "Yeah... the bounty poster has no description of his physical traits only his height, it says that the suspect is very violent, tall, and easily noticeable, he was last seen waiting at the train station. He is wanted for unarmed assault. He can be brought dead or alive, the reward for bringing him in is $45."

"So that means he didn't have a weapon on him when he was chased, this should be easy. The train station is near Python, we should head over there."

Easily noticeable... what exactly dies that mean? Everyone already looks abnormal, is it because the outlaw is tall?

I dismiss these questions, and we head to the train station.

"Did you get anything useful from the general store?"

Ayanokouji shakes his head. "No, it was just food and clothes."

Ayanokouji looked disappointed about something, mumbling about a mattress.