6: 𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀

Start from the beginning

"Anyways," I started, taking my seat to pull out my Mac. "Who you promised to call back? I hope they know you good to lie about calling somebody back."

While, Kay is one of my first real friends and obviously, one of my favorites — the phone was not her strong suit. Her lack of communication could come in between any good friendship and definitely became the pit of many issues in her relationships. She's the only child and her ability to enjoy isolation is the real reason for her lack of healthy communication. But hey? I'm just the best friend that's learned to accept and not pick fights.

"My man, my man, my man." She replied.

"You're so delusional...it's crazy."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

𝗞𝗗

"I need a break...please." I heard the mumble plea, one Airpod being left out of my ear for that exact reason.

The shop was empty besides the two of us. It was Tuesday and while Dreamville was appointment based today, I was the only artist with any appointments — right now. Stix was coming in within the next thirty minutes with two sleeves back to back. Plus Lucy and Ced had late night appointments while I was left to finish this thigh piece.

"This your tenth break." Tilting the gun away from Risa, she sat up slightly as I sat against my chair. My back was killing me, but we were close to being finished. She had punk'd out of getting her Cardi B inspired piece. Instead, she wanted a combination of her last name, Viera, with flowers and skulls on her right thigh. The simplicity of the tattoo was easy to freestyle and wouldn't take much longer to complete.

"I know, but it hurts." She said sitting up on her elbows.

Sighing, I nodded, removing the gloves. In the last twenty minutes, I had completed most of her design. Still, there was shading to be finished — which could be the most painful part.

"Five minutes." I informed her, standing from my chair. I had fresh ink inside the gun, ready to finish the job. Hopefully, in those five minutes, all of it won't go to waste.

After Risa, I was done with my day of work. Two sleeves, one face tattoo with a red heart — which seems to be the thing lately —, and Risa's thigh tat.

She used the body mirror to focus on the progress made. While it's been over an hour — for what should only take an hour — I was almost there.

"It's so cute! Thank you."

"It's not finished." I replied, pulling out my phone.

"It doesn't matter. It's already perfect." Nodding, I left her words to float through the air as I unlocked the iPhone. I planned to upload today's work to at least my story and the shop's profile. Besides social media, this was the only advertising being done. But for now? It was time to showcase the car show from last weekend.

The editor, also known as Lelia, had finally sent me the official video which showed the car show's talent. The one-minute clip was trimmed perfectly to highlight the cars on display. Along with the winners of Best of Show, International Car, Car & Driver, Old School Champ, and Best Big Dawg Truck. Not to mention the crowd that the event brought out. Returning owners were interviewed and asked to describe the event with one word — which Leelee captured for the recap of the event.

I always paid Lelia a pretty penny for the work. So, truthfully, I expected nothing less than bells and whistles for the finished product.

Opening Instagram, I immediately uploaded the video with the simple caption: