Chapter 1

Chapter 1- the clearing

[I own nothing this is all SMs characters I only own the plot.]

NORMAL POV

As Bella stumbled into the clearing she felt slightly uneasy. Her skin burned and her whole body ached and was covered in a thin veil of sweat. The only pain worse was her heart when Edward broke it. She tremble at the remembrance of his name. As Bella dared to look up she saw the burnt grass and trees. It looked as dead as She felt. Only one thing was out of place, the vampire with the dreads. The breath caught in my throat and She stumbled back, but not before he caught her and put her back on the ground.

'Bella?' He asked more astonished then she felt.

'You remember.' She smiled.

'I didn't expect to see you here' he grinned almost mocking her.

'Isn't it the other way around? I live here. I thought you'd gone the Alaska' he stopped ten paces away, cocking his head to the side as if he couldn't understand her.

'You're right' he agreed after a moment of thought, 'I did go to Alaska. Still, I didn't expect... When I found the Cullen place empty, I thought they moved on.' She bit her lip but he noticed even that slight movement

'weren't you some sort of pet of theirs?' She nods.

'And they left you?' Another nod.

'Do they visit often?'

The question struck her, 'lie' the velvet voice from her memory commanded.

'yeah lots' she cringes at her lame attempt.

'Lie better' the velvet voice commanded again.

She shook, 'they are just out of town.' Again She cringed.

Laurent walked forwards in silence, her body shook again. His hand laid on Bella's neck, the pulse rose. She pulled away and looked into the crimson eyes of the dark skinned vampire. He smirked at her attempt to escape.

'Victoria won't be happy about my killing you, but I can't help myself your so mouth watering.' She whimpered slightly, then stepped away.

'He'll know you did it.' She threaten, already know he wouldn't care.

Laurent chuckles, 'how can you mean much to him when he leaves you here defenceless.'

A tear rolls down Bella's face as Laurent strokes it. 'Hush child I'm doing you a favour, Victoria planned on killing you slowly. I promise to make it quick and painless.' He leans closer until She feels his cold breath on her skin.

Suddenly he steps back, there's a ripping sound then a growl. Laurent's eyes go wide in shock as She realises she is the source. HELLO? IT'S OK YOUR A WEREWOLF BUT WE CAN HELP YOU Jakes voice echoes in her head. JAKE THAT YOU? She kept her eyes trained on Laurent ready for any sign he would move. BELLA!? The voice echoed in her mind.

The stench of the vampire was over whelming and She swipes at her nose with her paw, the slight movement caused the leech to laugh and in an instant he regretted it. Bella runs after the leech keeping him in sights, the vamp was fast by She was faster. Laurent cried out in pain as she ploughed him down, somehow he managed to twist so my paws are on his chest. JAKE I'VE FOUND HER, WOW SHE HAS A LEECH ALREADY. Paul's voice was in her mind but somehow She didn't care. Bella turned to the vamp with the dreads and snarled loudly. He stopped any attempts to escape, She bites down on his left arm and tear it clear away. He screams out in pain lashing out but the one arm he has left is uncoordinated and barely leaves a sting.

Bella gets pushed off and snarl in protest as 5 other wolves turn on the vampire. She growls in anger at them but leaves it at that. The russet wolf that pushed her away trots forward. He sits on his hind legs and cocks his head to the side. BELLA? WHAT HAPPENED? he questions her through the mind link. HE, LAUREN'T TRIED TO KILL ME, I KINDA TURNED INTO THIS she gestured with her oversized paw at the wolf body she now occupied. WELL THEN WELCOME TO THE PACK, a different voice entered her mind and she looked over to find a black wolf stood watching her. BELLA SAM, SAM BELLA, BELLA THIS IS THE ALPHA OF OUR PACK Jacobs head darted between the two in introduction. IF HE'S ALPHA WHO'S BETA? A slightly dark Grey wolf stood in front, ME AND JAKE the grey wolf was Paul. WOW BIG DAY, I MET ANOTHER VAMP AND TURNED INTO A SHIFTER, WOW. UM CAN I GO HOME? she needed to get her thoughts straight and wanted to be in human form again. NOT YET BELLA, WE HAVE TO INFORM AN ELDER OF YOUR PHASE, AND AS WE'RE CLOSEST IT WILL BE BILLY Bella nodded in consent then glances at the vampire who was now on fire, she followed Sam in obedience.

Sam shifted to human form and put on some clothes that Jake handed him, in a thankful way he nodded his head once before knocking on Billy's door. The maimed man opened it and looked at Sam who stepped away to reveal Bella, in wolf form.

'Sam who is that?' Billy asked worriedly.

'Billy this is Isabella Swan the newest member of the pack' billy's mouth dropped in shock as he stared at Bella.

She looked at Quil CAN I GO HOME NOW? She mind messaged. The wolf semi shrugged then directed his nose towards Sam.

Bella whined loudly and Sam looked at her, 'she wants to go home Sam' Jake translated.

'Ok but she should tie some clothes to her ankle, just in case she sleep shifts. Don't want her to be naked when in human form.' Quil laughed, his shoulders hunched over and the wolf made a chuckling sort of sound. Bella growled playfully at him as Jake phased. OK BELLA LETS GO she heard his voice in her head. OK, WAIT WHAT ABOUT CHARLIE? panic washed over her he couldn't see her like this. GO ROUND BACK AND TO YOUR BEDROOM, SHIFT THEN JUMP THROUGH THE WINDOW. THEN THROW SOME CLOTHES ON AND GO ROUND TO THE FRONT DOOR. Bella followed as Jake ran off in the direction of home.

She ran past him quickly and stopped to turn to face him. She lowered her body and wagged her grey tail. COME ON BELLS, YOUR FASTER THEN ME? Bella nodded her head then jumped up. She tried to tune out the thoughts of the other pack members, a pack mind would be so annoying. Jacob chuckled in response, causing Bella to growl playfully as he passed her.