Chapter 55-A pound of flesh

Start from the beginning

You shrugged your shoulders. "I don't see it like life. I see it as a redemption, to gain meaning. But, I simply play it because it's fun! There's no laws, or any restrictions. It's just like...my dream world!" You exclaimed, before you skipped away to your second location. 

It was an initially white room, but you had taken several paint bottles, and exploded them onto the walls, ceilings along with the flowers, creating artworks on your own. Paint colours of yellow, blue, pink or even red could be found. Spray paintings of intricate designs were spread across the entire room as you studied it. 

"My, my. This reminds me of the Jack of Clubs. Well, my next spades game will also be similar to it," you wandered around the room, stretching your limbs. "It's time for some hand-to-hand combat!" 

From the surroundings, you could hear Kazuya remark, "What a work of art!" 

Multiple clowns were stationed around the area, with their usual creepy smiles plastered on their blue lipstick. You lightly pressed the bright red nose of one of the clowns, giggling when you heard it make a honking sound. Since you were flexible as a rubber band, yet skillful, you would be a perfect shoo-in for places like the circus. 

"The next game will be: Knife throwing.

Rules: Avoid the knives being thrown at you. Once five people have been eliminated, the round will end. 

Clear condition: eliminate five players from the game. 

Game: Start."

Abruptly, the second mini-game of your masterpiece had come to a start. The six clowns around the room suddenly wielded knives in their hands, before throwing them. After a split second, they brandished yet another knife, before using its motion sensor to detect players who were dodging the incoming knives, and catapulting it towards them. 

There were several players who already had injuries, either from the previous game or being hit by the knives. With your amazing agility, you dodged the knives, making sure not to display your full potential. You side-stepped to avoid it swiftly. As a method, you hid behind other players in order to not be detected by the motion detector in the clown. 

By that time, some players had gotten the strategy of the game, and was either shoving the players to the ground for them to be killed, or by using them as a human-shield. Some people, including Miyuki, picked up the knives from the ground and were stabbing one another furiously, which made it a game of who stabbed the other to death first. 

Picking up a stray knife on the ground, you wielded it with much experience, before picking up two other knives and throwing them directly at Yui. 

As if sensing something behind him, Yui ducked down. "I may not be as good at spades games as you, but it doesn't make me any worse!" He picked up two knives and gripped them whilst running towards you like a psycho killer. Right then in your head, the song, "Psycho killer!" Started playing in your head. The irony.

"Yuki-chan! Watch out!" Kazuya shouted, rushing towards you. Feeling curious, you turned around to check out the problem. Kazuya grabbed your pink locks, shoving them down. A few knives travelled right above the two of you, missing you both by barely an inch. Dashing away, you thanked Kazuya for saving you from that group of people who had attempted to kill the both of you. 

"Damn!" You studied the room. "Yui's still on my tail! I can't keep running like this!" 

You flipped upwards, dodging his first slash, until he caught onto your leg. "Pfft. You don't know how many people have tried that. I'm not falling for that counterattack anymore!" You thought, before you twisted your body sideways, causing Yui to trip before he let go of your leg. Landing on your backside, you felt a sudden rush of heat on it. That hurt!