Look at his lover!

He might be hurt, he might be scared, and he's most definitely angry, but Wei Ying's first thoughts are for Lan Zhan's wellbeing.

There's something so uniquely heartwarming about that, and that old familiar burning feeling returns in Lan Zhan's eyes with the need to cry.

It will pass.

"You're not. You're not alright. And I need you to be okay, so please, don't fight me on this." Wei Ying is looking into his eyes, a silver fire that begs an even more seriousness to his words.

Lan Zhan takes his wrist, but Wei Ying snatches it away, tilting his head just so and offering up his neck for Lan Zhan to bite.

His first instinct is to recoil, push Wei Ying off his lap and retreat, but his legs aren't working yet, and besides, nothing is worth seeing the surefire hurt that would be on Wei Ying's face. So he forces himself to relax, because Wei Ying looks as if he's about to shatter from even one wrong word uttered by Lan Zhan.

"My love," his lashes are wet, the stars in his eyes shining with tears. "I promised myself that I was going to stop playing games with you. If you want to get married, then my answer is yes. But only if you break through this last step. Don't hold back any more."

Somehow, in Wei Ying's mind he's connected feeding directly from the source with Lan Zhan being at the prime of health, and it only being possible like this, with no more barriers between them.

He's not wrong.

It's not the first time Wei Ying has suggested it, and Lan Zhan is full of trepidation at this new and unexpected challenge to rise up in front of him.

"What if I lose control?"

"What if you don't?" Wei Ying shoots back with a matching conviction.

"The risks-"

"Far outweighed by the benefits. Now do it! Or don't you want to marry me?" The cocky smile is what does it for Lan Zhan.

He doesn't even think about it.

It's as instinctual as breathing used to be.

His canines are out and in a heartbeat, he's pierced that soft, sweet skin, tasting the bloody goodness inside. Wei Ying makes a sound, and it's more like a moan than one of pain, and Lan Zhan's mouth fills with endorphin saturated red liquid. He savours the mouthful, immediately licking the wound closed after he swallows that wonderful meal.

"Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan," Wei Ying moans, out of his mind with pleasure.

Lan Zhan is vaguely aware of the warm weight of him, chasing his own high. This feeling, he was wrong about it. It wasn't just like charging his engine with super unleaded petrol, it was that and so much more, like sticking his hand into a live socket, feeding straight from the source. The power surge inside his body is phenomenal.

Wei Ying squirms in his lap, definitely on edge and skittish, and when Lan Zhan pulls back, the marks on his neck are already fading away.

Wei Ying's eyes are glazed with the high that dances around pain, like melting wax upon one's skin, and the ensuing pleasure/pain that sparks through nerve-endings.

Wei Ying is blissed out.

There are no other words for what he's feeling.

Minutes pass by and he's swimming in a pool of water full of peace and contentment.

"Now will Wei Ying marry me?" Lan Zhan remembers to ask him, ignoring the racy feeling inside his own body.

He's on fire in the best possible way, as his body hurries to heal itself using this sudden nourishment, and he knows he's back to normal because pins and needles rush through his legs first.