Just Passing By

I knew I looked a mess, coming out of a cave, covered in dirt and blood, my hair in knotty tangles. The armor I looted off of some Stormcloak was in rags, exposing parts of me in another circumstance would be ashamed of. Blood was dripping in my eyes, down my cheek. I wiped it off fiercely.

Hadvar trailed behind me, terrified to speak. I felt it. I don't blame him. I would be scared, too.

The dragon resonated it's angry Voice as it flew over head. I grabbed Hadvar and pushed him into some Snowberry bushes before it could see us. We waited until we thought it was gone and emerged.

"Daain.. Look. I'm sorry I didn't say anything to Rikke about you when--"
I grabbed him angrily and held my steel dagger against his throat, insulted he would try to make things better. "You almost had me killed, Hadvar, be glad I don't slit your throat this second. There is nothing you can do to make this better."

He stared at me, taken back by my harsh words. He closed his eyes as I backed off and stuffed my dagger in my left boot.

"Riverwood is just this way, I can get you supplies so you can go back to.. Theiving, or whatever you used to do," Hadvar muttered as he stalked on front of me.

We walk about ten minutes when I see the gorgeous White River. I walk to the bank and see my reflection in the crystal clear water. My long brown hair is singed, on account of a Stormcloak we encountered. A huge slash ran from under my left eye down to the corner of my jaw. I shuddered at the memories, dipped my hand in the water, breaking the mirror like quality of the water and splashed some on my fave, wiping away the dirt and blood. I stood and walked to Hadvar, continuing our tense journey to Riverwood.

I will never understand why Hadvar didn't stick up for me during the rollcall. He knew me, grew up with me, loved me..

I shook my head as if to physically clear my thoughts away. I have to stop thinking about that. It wasn't true, obviously.

"Take me to Uncle Alvor, Hadvar, and then I'm leaving. Travel the Provence." I don't want him to ever see me again, yet my heart yearns for his long embrace yet one more time..

Riverwood was just as beautiful now as it was when I was young. People were welcoming, sweet. Polite. Now they stare at me, drop whatever they were doing, and watch me as if I had grown a fifth head. I straightened my back and followed Hadvar to the small town forge. I wasn't ready to see them, let alone them see me the way I was. It's a good thing I'm just passing by. They won't have to seemed again. They would be better off.

A/N: okay, so first chapter of my first fanfiction, pleassseeee tell me what you think so far. It'll help immensely! I usually write poems, so this is something different for me. But please let me know if you enjoy this. It's just the very beginning, so it'll be the worst. Hopefully, I'll improve as I continue the story!