Chapter 1 🌺

The sound of pattering feet and nervous chatter occupied [Name]'s ears as he entered the schools grounds. The grounds of the number 1 hero academy of Japan, U.A. Why? Well due to a foresight from the Master that a demon lurked in this school, probably gathering information on the students, by secretly watching or even acting as a student perhaps. However, being one of the only ones around the same age as the soon-to-be first year students, the Wind Hashira signed him up without his knowledge and now he was walking towards the entrance hall after being given a half explanation and a 'good luck, be flashy' from the Sound Hashira.

Ignoring everyone around him as he sat in an available seat, preparing for the test he didn't even sign up for himself. [Name] cursed the Wind Hashira in his head hoping that he would be hit by a car... again.

Sighing as the chatter only grew louder the more people that turned up. [Name] ignored everyone around him until a familiar voice echoed through his head.

"Ah, [Name]! You're here too?" The voice of Tanjiro was loud and cheery as always as he took a seat next to him with Zenitsu and Inosuke who sat beside him.

"Wait! So if [Name] is doing this mission then why are we here!? That stupid Sound Hashira, first he has three wives and now he's signed me up to death!!" The high-pitched squealing's of Zenitsu made [Name] want to use the trick the Mist Hashira taught him of flicking pebbles to knock people unconscious. Unfortunately, [Name] had never brought a rock with him and if he had he would be more likely to bash the blonde boy over the head with it than simply flick it.

Ignoring the three boys squabbling with each other, [Name] faced back to the front where a hero [Name] did not recognise stood at the front of the stage ready to start.

"For all you examinee listeners tuning in, welcome to the show! Everybody say "hey"!" The hero listened out for any noise only to hear pure silence. "Wow... Anyways I'll quickly present the rundown of the practical exam!"

[Name] sat watching Tanjiro hold one of his hands over Zenitsu's mouth to stop the blonde from screaming anymore and the other stop Inosuke from trying to run down to fight the hero. He glanced to [Name] for help who proceeded to start playing with his coin trying to look as if he didn't notice Tanjiro's desperate look. The said burgundy haired boy looked at him with a betrayed look on his face.

However, the loudest one of them all wasn't the three next to him but the boy sat in front of him with wild green hair. The boy was fanboying loudly about the hero and it made [Name] believe Zenitsu was not actually all that loud, one thing the boy did reveal was the hero was known as Present Mic.

"Well as it already says in the application requirements, all you listeners will go through a 10-minute mock battle after this!" Present Mic announced as [Name] watched the screen behind the hero change into a demonstration with colourful pictures. Watching with fascination, [Name] intently watched the screen, hardly using any of the technology they had at home.

Feeling eyes peeking over his shoulder [Name] turned to see Kamado looking at what battle centre [Name] was placed in. "Ah, you're with Zenitsu, [Name]." Said male's eye twitched in irritation at being told that.

"[Name]! Please protect me! I need to survive until we get back to-" Zenitsu's mouth was promptly covered by Tanjiro's hand as some of the other participants looked over annoyed at the loud, whiny blonde. [Name] was dragged out of his thoughts as a loud voice caught his attention with it not being the three chaotic males next to him this time.

"May I ask a question?" The loud voice spoke again after being granted permission by Present Mic "On this printout there is four faux villains yet you have only explained three. If this is a mistake by U.A this is a serious error that the academy should be ashamed of!" [Name] watched the scene curiously as to why someone would care so much about a printout having a small error on it. After all, [Name] wrote quite old-fashioned and no one seemed to care about it, some just thinking he's some posh, rich boy who thinks he's better then everyone else.

[Name] no longer listened to the blue-haired male's speech and watched as Zenitsu typed rapidly into his phone on 'how to escape death by giant robots' only to get results of a video game. Suddenly, everyone began to stand up and begin heading out of the room, with [Name] having to drag Zenitsu to their bus, said male kicking and screaming as the other examinees watched in slight amusement.

"[Name}!! Why would you do that!? I can't die yet, I still need to marry Nezuko!" [Name] listened quietly to Zenitsu's screaming as others watched in annoyance at the yelling all throughout the journey.

"Shut up!"

"Be quiet!"

Were some of the things shouted out by the other participants and Zenitsu shrunk down in his seat hiding himself behind [Name] as an attempt to conceal his embarrassment at being yelled at.

"I'm going to die..." Zenitsu whimpered.

"If you keep yelling it'll make me want to die." [Name]'s blunt words made Zenitsu shriek once more. "[Name], you're so mean! You know what?! I prefer it when you're silent!"

(So what do you think? I prefer it a lot better to the original plus I took some of your suggestions on board, like making the Kamaboko Squad not gender bent and only being the protagonist of this book (you). I have many ideas that are completely different to when I first wrote the original book, I really hope you enjoy this one better)

Next Chapter: Depends on feedback