"Time to give this room a makeover. Leres, hand me my paint set."

"HOWDY NEIGHBOUR!" A LOUD VOICE WOKE RORINA UP THE NEXT DAY.

She was faced with a boy, probably no older than her, with shaggy black hair and striking brown eyes. Rorina rubbed her eyes, as if the boy was simply an illusion.

"I wasn't aware Belfry Hall had other residents besides me." She muttered. The school's principal, Weems, said the Hall was practically empty.

"Yeah, Weems does leave out quite a lot of information sometimes..."

Rorina finally got up, her blonde hair looking perfect as usual. She sat next to the boy, waiting for his explanation.

"I'm Kylan Lucifus! Son of, y'know...the big shot downstairs." He stuck out his hand, which Rorina slowly took. "I like your fashion taste!" Rorina spoke, noticing his dark sage green leather jacket, with a brown  tank top underneath it. Matching that was a pair of dark blue jeans, with two bleached stars on them.

Kylan's toothy grin grew wider.

"Wait...if you're the son of him, then you residing in this hall means - !"

"Oh my gosh! You are, like, the first ever person to notice it!"

"The Devil's son residing in Belfry Hall, that's so cool!"

(Belfry Hall is a reference to a piece written by Edgar Allan Poe. All the Halls/Dorms are named after his stories)

Kylan clapped his hands together before continuing.

"Anyway, Belfry Hall was specially created for Nevermore students who are, or, are related to royalty! Or really, really, high status students. It's been kind of lonely here by myself, but hey! You're here now."

Rorina smiled.

"You're pretty cool, Lucifus. The name's Rorina, but you can call me Rory."

THE MORE TIME SHE SPENT AROUND KYLAN, THE MORE SHE REALISED. While Nevermore was meant to be a place for the outcasts, there were still cliques and boundaries between students. Kylan, never having fit into any of the main groups, preferred to stick by himself.

"I mean, I'm possibly the only demon's offspring in this century, so it's not surprising I'm the only hellspawn here. I tried fitting in with the guys, but, they kind of distanced themselves away from me quietly, because I'm...uh, gay." he trailed off, watching to see Rory's reaction.

"Dang, what about the girls?" she asked. He blinked twice, before smiling wider and continuing.

"Most of them tried getting with me since, well, Devil's son, wattpad romance, that type of stuff." Rory nodded along.

"Eventually, I just...stopped tryin'."

"Until me."

"Until you."

CONAN GRAY AS KYLAN AMARO LUCIFUS.

(ngl not rlly satisfied with the name i came up for him)

RORY AND KYLAN WERE IN THE LATTER'S ROOM, WITH RORY HELPING HIM PICK OUT CLOTHING HE SHOULD KEEP, OR THROW.

He picked out a t-shirt with Tv Girl's French Exit album cover on it.

"Definitely keep! You know how much I love Tv Gi-"

She was interrupted by the sound of a large car coming onto Nevermore grounds.

New student! A voice whispered in her ear. Oh yeah, the ghosts. Did Rory mention she could see ghosts? Something about the ability coming from her mother's side of the family.

"Wanna spy?" Kylan spoke exactly what she was thinking. 

"Of course, Mars."

anddd that's a wrap! thanks for checking out my story (:

with love,

cha.