Chapter 1.2: Exploration

Start from the beginning

"Indeed, are you going the map out the area with the map?"

I nod my head. "Yes, the camp will be in the middle. When we go around to search for anything useful, I will be writing in this map."

Though I am basically a human gps, it wouldn't hurt to make a map.

When I finish sketching the camp, I watch Horikita pat Janus.

Does the horse just like Horikita? Or does it just not like me?

"Hey, let me try something."

"Hm? You mean with Janus?"

She moves away.

"Yeah, I just need to know...."

I quickly climb onto Janus.

Without any delay, Janus immediately bucks me off.

"Oof."

"Ayanokouji-kun, are you okay?"

"Yep, I landed on my back, I'm fine."

Even if I landed on my head, I'm sure I would relatively be fine.

It seems that Horikita has obtained herself a very loyal horse, Janus bucked me off in a second...

Horikita approaches Priceless and disappointingly, Priceless was fine with her presence.

"Well, at least this means that nobody can steal your horse, though I confess that I wanted Priceless to buck anyone that tries to ride him."

Horikita giggles. "Maybe they just like me more than you?"

I pick myself up. Unfortunately, I landed on dirt, so my white shirt was dirty.

"I really need something else to wear, should we go looking around for a store that sells clothing?"

Horikita nods. "We should, I also need to get food for the horses, say Ayanokouji-kun, I thought you didn't have any money?"

"You are correct. Which is why we should find a way to get money, they use USD here. Do you know how much that is in yen Horikita?"

She nods her head. "Yes, I assume that you also know, so how is that we should get money?"

She stays silent for a few seconds. "Ayanokouji-kun... surely you're not implying that we should rob people?"

"Horikita, I should apologize to you. You were seen with me when I was next to those 2 dead men, so you are now an outlaw because of my actions."

It's not really my fault, but it did drag Horikita into this.

"Now with that, do you really think we can find any honest work around here?"

At this point, there should be posters with my description on them, if there was a drawing then it's unlikely that it's accurate, since there was no chance for them to get a clear view of my face.

"Can't we just find another town? Though there are fewer laws in this time, my morals haven't changed at all."

"Horikita, I'm not even sure how far the next town could be, if there was a way to obtain money through honest work, I would've done so, but we're outlaws now. I'm pretty sure that the punishment for murdering 3 people isn't a slap on the wrist. I'm sure that they will just hang me."