Chapter 22__I'm Thinking of You All the While

Start from the beginning

Tyler was starting to transform into a wolf.

The Gemini male had the glass staked into his chest, dead.

I looked at the dead body. "No." I looked at the full moon in the sky. "Tyler!"

I looked at Tyler worriedly.

Tyler looked up with glowing gold eyes, lunging at Kai angrily, tackling him off of me, making them both roll across the floor, pinning him to the floor, biting him in the neck, making him scream. Kai used magic to push Tyler into the broken windows, making them break even more, and Tyler fall outside.

Outside, Tyler stood in a crouched position, looking at something in the distance, running away.

I stood, rushing toward the broken window to see what was going on.

Tyler was rabid, stalking toward Alaric outside.

Alaric didn't make a move to stop him, looking as if he wanted to die.

I rushed outside, standing between them, facing Tyler. "Come on, Ty. You don't want to do this. No, wolves want vampires, right? So come and get it."

Tyler growled, starting to transform more, bones breaking.

I rushed away, making sure that Tyler would be following, leading him away from Alaric.

~~~~~~

I rushed down into the Lockwood Cellar, back behind a gate.

Tyler the wolf rushed in after me.

I turned to face him. "Tyler..." Tyler the wolf lunged toward me. I closed the gate between us before he got to me, making him hit the iron bars and fall to the stone floor. "Ty, please!" I saw chains nearby, grabbing them, wrapping them around the gate, using them to keep it closed. "Oh, God..." Tyler the wolf growled viciously, completely lost. I sighed, shaking my head. "This shouldn't be happening to you right now. You never wanted this to happen again." Tyler the wolf continued to growl, backing away from the bars, charging at them, trying to bust through the iron gate door. I used all of my strength to keep it closed. "I'm sorry. Just a little while longer, and all of this will be over." Tyler the wolf backed away from the bars, charging at them again, making me stumble back only slightly. I continued to keep the door closed. "I'm so sorry."

~~~~~~

The sun had rose. We could see the light from the entrance of the cellar.

Tyler was passed out on the stone floor, naked.

I unlocked the chains from around the gate, pulling the chains away, opening the door, walking toward Tyler, lying my jacket over him. "Hey." Tyler stirred awake. "Hey. I'm here. You're okay."

Tyler exhaled shakily, shaking his head, still exhausted and in pain. "No, I'm not."

I held him close. "Stefan called. There's something you need to know."

Kai had linked Elena's life to Bonnie's. Elena was in this deep sleep until Bonnie died. The only way that Elena would wake up was if Bonnie was dead.

So, for the next 60, 70 years while Bonnie lived out the rest of her life...

Elena was going to be asleep. And if Bonnie tried to undo the spell herself, both of them would die instantly.

But Kai was dead.

~~~~~~

Everyone was gathered in Stefan, Damon's and my home to say goodbye to Elena.