I would never leave you, I promise

Start from the beginning

"Elle...don't run away from me" I felt him grab my arm.

"JJ, Hi " I turned my back to face him

"Oh, it's JJ now? No more blondie huh" He teased.

"Yeah, I'm sorry it's just – I had a really bad night and I – I don't even know why I'm here or how I'm here" I started getting emotional and pulling my hair away from my face.

"What the hell is that?" He gently grabbed the side of my face to look at my neck.

"What? It's nothing" I stepped  away from him." Its late I should go"

"Tell me who did that Elle!" He grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving "Tell me who did that right now"

"No one JJ. No one did that, It was my fault, I slipped in the shower okay? Just leave it alone"

"That bullshit Elle, That's fucking bullshit and you know it." He angrily flipped his hat backwards." Was it your dad? Is that who hurt you Elle? Or was it Harlan?"

"WHAT! ARE YOU CRAZY JJ THEY WOULD NEVER HURT ME" I yelled at him angrily.

"Was it Rafe?" He said calmly as he looked me in the eye.

I wanted to say no, I wanted to yell at him for even suggesting that my boyfriend would hurt me but no words came out. I just sobbed, my knees felt weak but before I hit the ground, he caught me and held me into his chest and held me up.

"It's my fault, everything is my fault" My tears stained his grey shirt.

"No Elle its not your fault it's never your fault." He whispered in my ears as he held my head closer to his chest.

"Everyone is leaving me, Harlan, Sarah and Rafe. Everyone is better off without me. I don't know what I did, but I did something that made them hate me enough to leave me." I moved away from his chest.

"I don't know if it means anything, but I would never leave you. I promise" He whispered as he stared into my eyes

"It means everything" I didn't realize we were both leaning in.

"JJ" Kie interrupted us.

We quickly moved away from each other.

Kie was furious when she found JJ with me, about to kiss me." JJ WHAT THE FUCK"

"Lower your voice Kie, you woke up the whole island" JJ tried to shut her up.

"I don't care JJ, What are you doing here? With her?"She asked him."And YOU, I thought we are friends" she pointed at me.

"Kie, ofcourse we are this isn't about us I swear" I started walking towards her.

"Oh really? What is it about then? You throwing yourself at any guy? Is this a regular thing where you cheat on Rafe? Is that who you are Elle, a whore and a cheater?"

"Kie, stop it, that enough" JJ defended me.

"I should probably go" I started to walk away.

"Elle! No wait " JJ was going to follow me but Kiara stopped him." Don't you dare follow her JJ, did you forget she has a boyfriend?"

I couldn't hear the rest of their conversation because I started running away towards figure eight.

*A few days before Midsummer*

I still haven't talked to or seen Rafe since the incident a few nights ago. I was currently drinking coffee at the counter in the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie, someone dropped this off" My mom walked in the kitchen as she handed me a blue jewelry box and a big bouquet of white roses (which were my favorite kind of flowers) .