third person

"sage- hey!" a voice said from behind her, the older routledge turning on her heel and smiling slightly as she saw the head of red hair running toward her.

"hey, morgan!" she said happily, letting the holcomb girl catch up with her before continuing walking, taking a sip of her slushee before turning to the girl next to her.

"so, how invested are you in kook drama? i mean, i know typically it stays separate but i wanted to talk to you about it, and-"

"i love kook drama, continue." sage mentioned, smiling at the redhead on her right as she continued to walk down the street, morgan following her.

"okay, so basically, i broke up with rafe, and-" she started, sage stopping in her tracks.

"you broke up with him?" she asked, morgan nodding slowly.

"yeah, and?"

"morgan, that's like, gonna do a huge number on his marco polo ego!" sage said happily. "you know how many girls he's broken up with? i've lived for the day i see rafe cameron get humbled, and you, my new best friend, was the one who did it." she said proudly, morgan laughing as the two continued to walk down the street.

"i'll do you one better." morgan added, sage raising her eyebrows at morgan who was grinning at her. "i broke up with him because i'm a lesbian."

"that's actually such a power move." the taller blonde replied, morgan smiling widely at her. "i cannot wait to see the pictures from midsummers, with rafe all alone on this side of the dance floor, it'll be so refreshing."

"he won't be the only one who's alone, i don't have a date anymore." morgan replied, her mood dropping slightly, but sage shook her head.

"i'm going with kie, i go with her every year. you can hang out with us and pope, it's so much more fun than being with the kooks." sage assured, morgan shrugging.

"i might, i'll see if sarah's still talking to me after the ordeal."

"she probably won't. she can't stand me anymore." sage replied, morgan looking at the girl in confusion.

"you dated rafe too?"

"was the only girl besides you who broke up with him." sage said proudly. "babe, every girl on this island has dated rafe cameron at some point or another. he's like that, shiny polo boy with sports cars, invited me to come golf with him and topper and kelce a few times. he ghosts all of them, acts like they never existed or had anything to do with him." sage explained. "you dodged a bullet, major bullet."

"maybe so, but still. word's gonna get out soon, i'm sure rafe hasn't kept this quiet at all." morgan said, sage shaking her head as she opened the driver's door of the twinkie.

"get in, you can come to the chateau and hang out with me and john b. rafe and his golf club wouldn't dare be caught on the south side." the blonde said with a smile, the holcomb girl climbing into the van on the passenger side, however a car stopped short next to their van.

"hey, gabs. glad to see you're moving on so quickly." topper said snarkily, morgan rolling her eyes as sage turned the car on.

"you broke up with me for her?" rafe added from the passenger seat. "i mean, i knew you made a couple comments about her in the past but i didn't think it was like that."

"would you shut up?" sage asked. "and for the record, rafe, she's the second girl who's left you for another woman who also likes women. the first one was me. seems like you have a type if you ask me."