It hurt seeing Erin like this.

"I hate her", the blonde mumbles, her voice breaking all over again.

And it didn't take more than that for Alexia to realize who this was about. And immediately, the captain feared what this could possibly mean.

No. It couldn't.

Holding the blonde's slender, weak, shaking body against her, keeping her close, all Alexia could do was hope that this wasn't reality.

It couldn't be.

"What did she say that made you cry like that, Bonita?", the captain whispers against the blondes head, her voice sweet and caring as always, her heart aching at the response she got from Erin as the blonde collapses into her arms.

"She... she did it on purpose", the blonde sobs, squeezing her eyes shut as her slender arms tighten around the midfielder's strong body.

She didn't care about anything else. She didn't care that Alexia and Jenni had been a thing.

It was the injury that bothered her.

"She did... what on purpose?", Alexia asks, more firmly this time as she gently brushes her warm fingers through the blondes soft hair, the other arm securely wrapped around the small of Erin's back.

"Jenni. She... she tackled me this harsh on purpose. She just told me. She... fuck... she did it on purpose", Erin cries softly, her cheeks red and her eyes puffy as she pulls away, trying to wipe away the tears that wouldn't stop falling.

For a moment, there was only silence.

Erin tries her best to control herself, her body and her emotions. And as she struggles to regain her self-control, she doesn't even notice how Alexia's expression turns pale.

She didn't notice the way the captain's tender lips purse ever so slightly.

She didn't notice the way Alexia's entire body freezes in shock.

"L- Love?", the blonde whispers sorrowfully, her voice hoarse and broken as she looks up.

And much to her surprise, she found tears welling up in the brunette's sparkling hazel eyes.

"I know...", was all Alexia could manage to say, her heart shattering into a million pieces as she look at Erin, her intense stare enough to let the blonde know she was being honest.

And the both of them wished this wasn't true.

But it was.

„Why... why didn't you tell me?", Erin wonders quietly, her voice barely hearable as she feels her throat tighten, her heart pumping furiously.

"I... Bonita... I... I didn't mean to...", were Alexia's trembling words that filled the silence, but she could tell how angry Erin became by the way her cheeks reddened.

"She did it on purpose. She freaking did it on purpose! And you knew?! All this time?! Have you ever thought about letting me in on the secret?!", the blonde yells at her angrily, pushing Alexia away as she reclines back against the door, her cold hands trembling as she stares at a completely bewildered, speechless captain.

Alexia's lips purse.

"B... Bonita, por favor... please calm down", the midfielder tries to reassure her, her voice calm, her entire body shaking.

Alexia knew that she really messed this up.

"Why didn't you tell me?", cries Erin, tears streaming down her cheeks as she points at Alexia, the captain, who stands frozen, unable to believe this was really happening.