Aster hesitated for a moment, staring down at her hands with her bottom lip pulled between her teeth. She glanced up at Peter, trying to let herself trust him. Still, her heart pounded at the thought of showing him who she was. Yet, another part of her itched to tell somebody. Somebody her own age.

Clearing her throat in hopes to gain his attention, Aster took a step closer to him and shrugged. "If you didn't catch me, then I would've caught myself."

Her words pulled a tired scoff from Peter. It was silent between them for a long moment before he quietly asked, "And how would you have done that?"

"Peter."

At the use of his name, Peter finally directed his full attention to Aster. His eyes blew wide and his lips parted in shock when he watched as cosmic energy bled from her palms, allowing her to rise into the air ever so slightly.

Aster smiled, feeling a nostalgic rush of adrenaline. She hadn't used her powers in months. Not since the airport.

"Y-you're..." Peter trailed off, shaking his head in disbelief. To Aster's surprise, he grinned, blowing out a long breath. "Holy shit!"

Landing on the roof in front of him, Aster surrounded the both of them in a flurry of energy. Sparkling blue and silver energy engulfed the two teenagers, making Peter's eyes light up as he peered around. An unfamiliar warm feeling swirled in her chest at his reaction. "That's how I knew," she told him.

Peter was left to stare at her as Aster's powers dissipated around them. He was unblinking, still with his mouth hanging wide open. 

Aster tilted her head at him, reaching up and snapping her fingers in front of his face. "Hello? Earth to Webs."

"Webs," Peter breathed, pointing at her accusingly. "You called me that at the airport." He placed both hands on his head and murmured to himself, "You're Starlight. How did I not realize sooner?"

"I saw you with your mask off in Germany," Aster told him, trying to explain before his head exploded. "So when I saw you at school, I put the pieces together."

Peter's eyes softened a bit. "Oh. So you... When you helped me pick up my stuff on the first day, you already knew who I was?"

"Yup."

"So you didn't need help getting to class?"

Aster slowly shook her head. "Oh, no. I did. That's kinda why I'm doing this right now." She gestured between them, and the confusion on Peter's face doubled. "Listen," Aster sighed, trying to find the right words to say. "I know Tony hasn't called you since he asked for your help in Germany."

At the mention of his idol, Peter perked up. He opened his mouth to speak, to which Aster held up a hand to silence him. "Let me finish first." She brought her hand to her chest. "I'm not supposed to be using my powers. I didn't sign the Accords. Half of my family is running from the government right now but Secretary Ross made a deal with me. He told me that if I give up being Starlight and attend high school like someone my age should be doing, then I could live with Tony and not be considered a national fugitive." Pausing, Aster traced the air with a small string of energy. A nostalgic look crossed her face at the sight of her powers. "But I can't give up being Starlight. I feel so useless sitting around doing nothing when I can be helping people. So, I got an idea. I'll help you become an Avenger."

If even possible, Peter's eyes grew wider. Aster stared at him, waiting for him to say something, but he kept his mouth shut. "You can talk now."

Peter broke out of his stupor with a nervous laugh. "So let me get this straight. You. An Avenger. Want to help me?"